Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im glad Im not on this lease.

Comment

Sounds like a terrible lease with a lot of confusing rules that contradict each other. It also sounds like the OP is a little jealous or maybe its just all the exclamation marks on every single post(!!!!). If you are allowed to shoot a trophy and a smaller one why do you keep bringing it up that he already shot one last week? Sounds like jealousy and you truly dont even want lease members killing deer. This lease sounds horrible and im glad I am not on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        My guess is that IF they had a contract, there is zero about this situation, which can only be described as a cluster fork. Has anyone talked to the "offender" about any of this or possible punishments? I am not reading this dam thread again to find out. I'd rather be kicked in the taint and thrown into a mudhole. A signed copy with members signatures of a kill list WITH pics solves this.
        I actually read the lease and the only punctuation was "!!" and rarely in the right places.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
          This thread delivers, lmbo
          Yep! Cracks me up. The OP hasn't posted anything in 3 pages of replies and it keeps on giving!

Comment

Maybe kidnap someone close to him and hold them for ransom.

Comment

OP...Did you personally ask the "no hit list" 2-deer killing bass-tard if he actually shot at the deer? What does he say?

Comment

I was going to post but it would be useless after eight pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                  ^^^^ this, these are our thoughts exactl. We have a responsibility as adults to make good decisions in life and should not haft to have a hit list and a not hit list. and take pics to a group to have permission to kill them, (come on really), have a good group of people, I would not have any other way. Some of these leases today are like buying a house with a home owners association, that twist the rules after you move in, That they want to live with just my opinion.
                  "Hunting" lol just ****ing lol

Comment

I hate lease rules. I own my hunting country, but darn give the Grandad kids a break. It was a lot more fun when I was a kid.. Buck with horns and he got shot at. JMO.

Comment

Sounds more like a jealousy thing to me. Seen it happen before deer was put on the hit list but the wrong member got a shot at it first and then all of a sudden it was put on the no hit
                      List once shot. Member was kicked off for no reason other than he killed a deer other memebers wanted to shoot. Be happy for the guy it was 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        ...off to the pit of misery?
                        Dilly dilly!

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                          I was going to post but it would be useless after eight pages.
                          This whole thread started off useless

Seriously, either have a age limit or a hit list/no kill list. Folks make hunting a pain in the butt instead of a relaxing hobby. We had a few nice bucks killed this weekend and a few that I wouldn't have shot. I congratulated every one that I saw skinning a buck just like it was the best deer they could have a chance at. One of the bucks I saw earlier in the year and passed on due to being 3.5 at the most was killed by a new hunter. I didn't say a negative word to him, and this is the first time I've said it at all other than telling my wife that the young 8 had been shot that I had watched earlier.

Make set rules, that are clearly communicated. And if anyone, lease manager on down to the newest member, should violate the rules, then you pay the fine or leave the lease.

Comment

For the record, we have no lease agreement. We are a group of hunters that mutually agree on harvesting mature deer!!! We set the age to 5.5yr old deer. The deer that is being discussed was without a doubt 5.5yrs old. He was the ONLY 5.5 year old deer on the no kill list the OP speaks of. But what he failed to mention is the multiple discussions we had about moving him to the KILL LIST!

I will admit that with us having a tenative kill/no kill list that its unfair to send an arrow at a deer EVERYONE has not talked about. Im the only person that has seen that deer this year. Age was not a question , the deer met all lease requirements other than the OP’s (maybe hell blow up at 6.5) He walked out infront of me 200+lbs and about 145” of antler. I had the opportunity and I took it. As for him nonchalantly calling me a liar, I didnt tell anyone about the deer simply because I spent 20+ hrs searching sick to my stomach about the reality I may not find him. Its something ill never stop thinking about, All I can do is pray he lives. I hope this clears up some of the “mud” I am a 100% team player but rules have to be across the board. There can not be a grey area or exceptions on deer just because they dont meet your standards. P.S this is something that should have been discussed with myself and the other 7 members on the lease prior to going to a social forum!

Comment

Your problem started when your group created a hit-list or no-hit-list (doesn’t matter for this pint) and then had a discussion and general agreement regarding a new direction for that buck With Only Part Of The Group and Without Full Consensus or Awareness. Based on that you effectively provided permission or at least plausible denial of malicious intent to break the agreement.

Further thought... and remember you asked for input. Maybe managing for maturity is easier than managing specific deer... especially a group. Harvest the oldest bucks first regardless of quality and harvest for 1:1 buck to doe ratio to open up room for bucks. Keep it Simple.

Comment

This should be fun. Did y'all duke it out yet?

Seriously, sucks to lose a deer. I have to agree with the last line of post 373.

Comment

Working...
                                X