looking at video cameras for filming hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at video cameras for filming hunts

i visited the idea last year but it kind of got put on the back burner. seems some of the cameras i was looking at have went up a good bit in price. curious as to what the "todays" camera of choice is? im looking at cameras along the lines of the handycams like sony, canon and panasonic.

Whats your budget range, honestly a $600 sony can go a long way now a days.

Comment

I created a couple of videos on this subject over the last couple of years. It's not necessarily a recommendation for a specific model, but a consideration of what features might be most important when comparing models.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kujo_K3_sMM&t=23s"]Best Camera to (Self) Film Your Hunt? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pciwcPRzfJE&t=13s"]Panasonic VX870/981/991 - Best Camcorders for YouTube Hunting Videos? - YouTube[/ame]

Panasonic, Sony, Canon, JVC all make quality cameras (and camcorders) and with similar features.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I just went through this whole process of deciding myself after years of a smaller camera. Between Michael's video above and subsequent discussion in an earlier post of his, as well as my own research I decided on the Panasonic HC- V770. Very happy with it so far. Looking forward to getting some good daytime video during turkey season versus the night time pig stuff.

Comment

I just started filming hunts within the last year, i by no means am a camera guru at all and don’t really know much about them other than I wanted a camera capable of 1080p 60fps minimum. The Panasonic that Micheal did a review on is a good camera and if I had the funds at the time would have probably went that route.

Since I didn’t know how I would like filming I went much more budget friendly for myself and went with the canon hf r800 and run it on a stabilizing handle with a shotgun mic, and wide angle lens for close up video for all less than 300$. The reason I went with the canon was the little bit more zoom I could get out of it. Eventually I will be upgrading to a much better camera that has 4K and 120fps for better slow motion, as I love being able to go back and watch my hunts.

Comment

Working...
          X