Tour of deer breeding farm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tour of deer breeding farm?

Out here in central Texas in the blanco/Wimberley area on our honeymoon. If we can locate a private tour on a deer breeding farm, wife has given the green light.

Unsure if these tours even exist, google search wasn’t too promising but figured I’d post on here in case y’all have any insight.

Not much to see right now. Bucks won't have antlers.

Comment

I think the Kerr used to do tours. Janda Exotics isn't a deer breeding facility but they do tours. Google them.

Comment

Keith Warren talks about touring deer breeders and will have info if you look him up but as Sika noted, no antlers right now unless you just want to see set ups of the pens/facilities for future endeavors.

Comment

There’s a drive they exotic park in Johnson city.

Comment

I know this doesnt help, but when the bucks have their horns, its a cool place to check out if you can find one. My dads wifes son in law has a place in Leakey. They dont do tours, but he took us one time. They have them separated by age. Crazy sizes. Showed us how they do the breeding, etc. It was pretty neat.

Comment

Seems like a waste of time to tour one this time of year. Hopefully you’re asking now and going in late summer or fall

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                Keith Warren talks about touring deer breeders and will have info if you look him up but as Sika noted, no antlers right now unless you just want to see set ups of the pens/facilities for future endeavors.
                This. Was simply wanting to see the set ups & figured they would also have exotics.

We located a drive thru exotic ranch near San Antonio that we’re gonna check out.

Comment

if that's the type of breeding your looking into on your honeymoon I think you're doing it wrong

Comment

That's a great Idea I'd love to take my nephew to something like this!

Comment

Working...
                    X