No announcement yet.

Great idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will go against the grain on this one. I have several female family members who carry pepper spray because they refuse to carry a gun. I can honestly see them upgrading to something like this to keep in the car/purse. They already are bringing a knife to a gun fight....might as well make it a longer knife.

Comment

Might be an option if you have to visit one of the many places where real firearms are not allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I will go against the grain on this one. I have several female family members who carry pepper spray because they refuse to carry a gun. I can honestly see them upgrading to something like this to keep in the car/purse. They already are bringing a knife to a gun fight....might as well make it a longer knife.
        Not a bad option for a civilian at all. I believe the OP was talking about this as an option for LE, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Valid point, better than a taser or pepper spray IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
            Not a bad option for a civilian at all. I believe the OP was talking about this as an option for LE, but I could be wrong.
            Sorry, I will correct myself on this one - guess I read that into the OP's post even though it wasn't there

Comment

I don't think it's that great of an Idea. The other guy is gonna think you're pointing a gun at him, because...….IT LOOKS LIKE A GUN. And he's more likely to shoot you if he has a gun and think's he's about to get shot. Pepper spray doesn't look like a gun.

I think carrying some bear spray is your best option if you don't want to carry the real deal.

Comment

Anyone that deserves to be shot probably deserves to face the consequences of being shot with a real gun...maybe that's just me.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPq01aPBTLg"]Robber Gets Bear Spray And A Spanking from Store Owner During Robbery Attempt June 5, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Hannity was pumping this thing last night. No chance I’d carry it. As far as LE using this instead of a taser? I’d think the taser is more effective. I don’t see the need for police to carry this, a taser and a firearm.

Comment

I can see the benefit of carrying this. I have an LTC and carry frequently. I often ponder if and when the time comes, if I will not hesitate to pull my pistol. Not because I am afraid of taking a life but because the chance of being sued and possibly going to jail for self defense with the way the legal system is heading. I have already made up my mind that if my pistol is drawn, that I will use it. I like the idea of having a non lethal option that I feel like would be easier to justify and defend in the courts. I'm not saying that I will make the switch but I can see both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Why would I want a non-lethal weapon when dealing with such a lethal world. Who wants to be the guy that brings a paintball gun to a Glock fight?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This. You don't know what the other guy is carrying and pissing him off with a pepper ball might be the last thing you ever do.

Comment

When it’s time to protect herself, I don’t want my wife playing with a paintball gun and pepper balls.

Comment

Not if my life depends on it.

Comment

I have one and it is awesome! It WILL stop anyone in their tracks, for sure! I will talk more and send pics later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Why would I want a non-lethal weapon when dealing with such a lethal world. Who wants to be the guy that brings a paintball gun to a Glock fight?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I agree with Indiana Jones, here. Let me share a cautionary tale...

My mother and I took a women’s-only “shooting for self-defense” class a few years back; there were approximately nine women in the class. The instructor was a female (this is important) and all in the class deemed her “just precious!” All told, she was very relatable as far as a bunch of suburban housewives were concerned, for someone in law enforcement.

She started the class by going around the circle and asking everyone what they hoped to get out of it, all but two had some version of the following in their answers: “...but I don’t want to kill anyone, I just want to hurt them.”

Now, this instructor, had been with the Ca. Highway Patrol (CHiP) before transferring to Houston PD before retiring with something like 40 years in law enforcement, all of it “on the streets.” This “precious” woman was also a real Bad**s! Her response to those answers was this: In spite of what you see on TV or hear about in the news, non-lethal weapons like tasers and rubber bullets won’t always stop a highly motivated offender. A 200 lb man with high testosterone and high adrenaline, or a man amped up on PCP, have been known to power through even a bullet wound only to drop dead after the commission of their crime, so, to use anything less than lethal force on a perpetrator intent on harming you is to take a needless risk with your life.

(As an aside, she also discussed “shooting to wound,” firing warning shots, and, worst of all, the possibility that your own weapon could be used against you, as an equally precepts, but this is a different conversation.)

She summed everything up by saying that women need to disavow themselves of their reluctance to use lethal force to stop an attacker intent on causing imminent harm or the death. Anything less is a fool’s errand.

So my response to your query, OP, and with all due respect, is no. I wouldn’t even consider it.

Comment

Working...
                                X