No announcement yet.

Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 1 basketball Natty, and a decent football season. That's what I thought....stupid list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      So 1 basketball Natty, and a decent football season. That's what I thought....stupid list.
      Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Virginia added 2 National Titles to their trophy case with one being in the Big 3. Not too shabby.

Tech lost to Virginia in the Men's Basketball final 36 points (Coach is now at Texas)
        Won their 2nd National Title (in the history of the school) in any sport (T&F) 20 points
        Made a decent run in Omaha 18 points

Tech had 79 total points of which 74 came from these three programs. Blind Hog will find a nut every once in a while. Congrats on a good season in those three sports. That doesn't say much for the entire athletic program.
        So you want to compare wins in the last, say 5 years or so? I know you're not trying to act relevant bc of a Rose bowl win almost 20 years ago...bc that would be very Aggie of you.... That said, over the last 5 years, here are the overall total wins for the Big 3 Men's Programs; Football, Basketball, and Baseball....

The sooner yall accept that UT is not near as good at sports as yall have all been brainwashed to believe, the better off you'll be! Haha Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-06-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Lol, I love the cherry picking fellas! Texas just hired a new HC in Football and Basketball due to the last five years. Baseball is doing just fine.

It is pretty funny that Texas won their first Big 12 title in Basketball and "One" game later the search was on for a better HC. I like the upgrade, we'll see how it pans out. Actually, I like both upgrades.

Don't be so soft. Texas played for a Big 12 title in Football in 2018, won the baseball tournament in 2015 (reg season top dog in 2018), and the BB tournament in 2021. They'll be aight. Conference championships and National Titles are all that matters.

I never compared, that is the Aggie thing to do.
          Last edited by Chad C; 04-06-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Well Tech retained Adams, and Beard unfriended him on Twitter. So there's that. We're also getting some very interesting assistants and most of the players except Peavey have come back. Beard was the offensive scheme, but that defense was all Adams.

Beard's time at Tech:

20-21 scoring O #136, scoring D#23
            19-20 scoring O #147, scoring D #29
            18-19 scoring O #162, scoring D #3
            17-18 scoring O #153, scoring D #16
            16-17 scoring O #172, scoring D #55

Now, Beard will have more 4 and 5 stars to work with at tu. Will that be a big game changer? Or did tu just get a lame duck? I suppose time will tell. It'll be interesting to see how this all falls out. Beard is a salesman, I'll give him that.

And yes, it's rough when that guy that finally was taking a team places, that told the fanbase and the players exactly what they wanted to hear, leaves to go to a rival. Not only leaves, but just takes off in the middle of the night, didn't even talk to his players or his fanbase or anything. Just poof, gone like a fart in the wind. Obvious character flaw exposed. I didn't realize that he did the same thing at UNLV when we got him. But now after reading about that, it's a pattern for sure. Still think we got the better end of the deal. Adams isn't as charismatic and that's ok. Look forward to that first game at the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Lol, I love the cherry picking fellas! Texas just hired a new HC in Football and Basketball due to the last five years. Baseball is doing just fine.

It is pretty funny that Texas won their first Big 12 title in Basketball and "One" game later the search was on for a better HC. I like the upgrade, we'll see how it pans out. Actually, I like both upgrades.

Don't be so soft.

I never compared, that is the Aggie thing to do.

You sure have a fascination with the aggies. Did you get denied admissions or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                The sooner yall accept that UT is not near as good at sports as yall have all been brainwashed to believe, the better off you'll be! Haha Enjoy!
                That they were/are, has never been the point. The point is that your previous list was pointless and stupid, and it remains so.

You know why Texas just replaced the football coach, and the basketball coach? Because they sucked, and everyone knew it. Tech's basketball/baseball combo has been the class of the state...many states, actually. You aren't breaking any news here, chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                  You sure have a fascination with the aggies. Did you get denied admissions or something?
                  Do I? Seems a bit shortsighted.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 04-06-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

That they were/are, has never been the point. The point is that your previous list was pointless and stupid, and it remains so.

You know why Texas just replaced the football coach, and the basketball coach? Because they sucked, and everyone knew it. Tech's basketball/baseball combo has been the class of the state...many states, actually. You aren't breaking any news here, chief.
                    And Tad has the boys rolling along once again in 2021.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha oh so that's why? Is that why UT runs through good coaches every other year? OBLIVIOUS! Enjoy being in Tech's shadows another 5 years, Oh, and call me Sir, moving forward.
                      Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-06-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha oh s that why? Is that why UT runs through good coaches every other year? OBLIVIOUS
                        They got it figured out this time though. Haven't you heard? Texas is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                          They got it figured out this time though. Haven't you heard? Texas is back!
                          Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Beard to Texas!

Hahahahahahaha oh so that's why? Is that why UT runs through good coaches every other year? OBLIVIOUS! Enjoy being in Tech's shadows another 5 years, Oh, and call me Sir, moving forward.

Edit: uncalled for.

Again… Everyone knows Texas has underperformed for a decade. This is not news. If Texas is in Tech’s shadow… Where the hell is Aggy, dumplin?
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-06-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Edit: cleaned up. ��

Comment

All good fellas, you had to have been there to get back. Time will tell on the football side of things as Riley owns that bit in Big 12 country. Baseball is doing just fine. Basketball will never be the cash cow at Texas.

CDC seems to be making quality hires.

Comment

Working...
                                X