Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    You really are the one who doesn't get it.

There isn't a hardcore alum of any university that wouldn't be torqued over their coach (and assistant coaches and now potentially players) being poached by a conference rival, whether alum of the rival or not.

Especially when coach went to such great lengths to convince that school, its players and fans that it was where he always wanted to be. And had every reason to after his infamous "when momma calls you home" and he had been an assistant there for years before - while his alumni school never looked his way again once he graduated and left.

Tech fans are going to rant awhile and have every right to. Get over it, your team won and which begs the question - why are you and some other UT fans so butt hurt over something y'all would be equally livid about if it happened to your school?

Maybe that is an example of that UT arrogance that some of us can't stand. Poach the coach, who poaches the assistant coaches who all try to poach the players they want. Tech program is decimated for at least a couple of seasons - and some arrogant Longhorn fans are offended that we're all hissed off.

We'll be back though and sooner than later.
    I am not offended that you’re “hissed off” ... I love it! Suck it!

Comment

Hope he lives up to the hype, everything else is white noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Hope he lives up to the hype, everything else is white noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        #showme

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

That about sums it up.... [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Suck it? Really? Are you in grade school?

Comment

Suck it? Really?
              Yes, really.

Comment

I don’t really follow college basketball. So to understand correctly, he basically did the same thing to go from UNLV to Tech. Tech fans loved him anyway. Now he’s done it again and they are angry. Well that’s what happens. It’s business. I hope he’s successful.

Comment

Yes, really.
                  That’s what I thought. I hope the other kids don’t pick on you too much.

Comment

That’s what I thought. I hope the other kids don’t pick on you too much.
                    You just keep them tears flowing. They’re delicious!

Comment

Chris Beard leaving Tech to coach at his alma mater did not surprise me. I think he honestly has aspirations of being on the level of a Coach Royal or Coach Gustafson.

Life is too short and you have to dream big. Take advantage of every opportunity God puts in front of you! You just never know unless you step out and try!

Hook ‘em!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                        I don’t really follow college basketball. So to understand correctly, he basically did the same thing to go from UNLV to Tech. Tech fans loved him anyway. Now he’s done it again and they are angry. Well that’s what happens. It’s business. I hope he’s successful.
                        Not nearly the same thing - he accepted the UNLV job 5 days before accepting same job at Tech. UNLV wasn't in same conference and he didn't hire away of their assistant coaches or try to get their players to transfer to Tech.

Personally, I didn't like what he did then either - or Tech's role in it. But when he gave his "when momma calls you home......" speech at his press conference and having previously been as assistant for TEN YEARS at Tech, I bought it.

We'll get over it and we'll be back.

Comment

Not nearly the same thing - he accepted the UNLV job 5 days before accepting same job at Tech. UNLV wasn't in same conference and he didn't hire away of their assistant coaches or try to get their players to transfer to Tech.

Personally, I didn't like what he did then either - or Tech's role in it. But when he gave his "when momma calls you home......" speech at his press conference and having previously been as assistant for TEN YEARS at Tech, I bought it.

We'll get over it and we'll be back.
                          It’s virtually the same unless you want to spin it one way or another. Coaches move for better opportunities all the time. So do people in your industry and mine. I get the disappointment. Most of all I’m glad you’ll be ok.

Comment

Lol of allllllll these UT fanboy posts, might collectively be 1 actual UT degree here.... Timer to move on!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              Lol of allllllll these UT fanboy posts, might collectively be 1 actual UT degree here.... Timer to move on!

That necessary to be a fan? Lol.
                              How many Cowboy fans were invited to training camp? The list goes on and on. And on.
                              Last edited by Graysonhogs; 04-05-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Y'all need to quit arguing, and tune into the national title game tonight. The best athletic program in the state of Texas 10 years running is playing Gonzaga.

Sic Em!

Comment

Working...
                                X