Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    I know it is his alma mater. I said exactly that.

You mean all that 4 and 5 star talent that goes there to under achieve?

Good for Beard though, especially if he got a long term contract. He'll still get his money after the meddlesome alumni become impatient yet again and orchestrate him out of.....his alma mater.
    You just don't get it dude.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Personal opinion only. The culture change is hurting some schools that one included. Too much power to students or athletes and not enough respect given to coaches

Not specific to basketball
      Perhaps they just sent the lib coaches packing and brought in the conservatives?

That and Del Conte is just now getting his coaches in. His choice for girls bball seems solid. Apparently tge culture didn't affect them in year 1.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-01-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Gotta love a small sample cherry pick[emoji23]
        Last 4 years is cherry picking? Do better!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Perhaps they just sent the lib coaches packing and brought in the conservatives?

Maybe. Not sure it’s a coach issue but more of a school problem. They definitely can recruit better talent than Tech though so if it’s not what I think they should do **** good

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            I don’t blame him, better opportunity, besides who the hell would want to live in that dust bowl????
            This for sure, good lord he probably took a pay cut to get out of West Texas. ������
            Last edited by dac6933; 04-01-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

Exactly. If I was cherry picking, I’d leave football out. [emoji1787]

Comment

If you add swimming and diving Texas is strong. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Wife is in Lubbock and just texted me that the news up there just announced Chris Beard is going to Texas!
                  That's awesome! I wish I knew who he was so I could care too!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                    LOL, Beard ain’t going anywhere. The UT bball program has five star players and a 2 star culture. Beard would not tolerate that.

Tech has better facilities than IU or UT. Heck, UT is building a smaller arena...why is that?

UT is still paying their last 2 head football coaches...no way they money whip Beard. Besides, Tech will match any offers.
                    Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                      Exactly. If I was cherry picking, I’d leave football out. [emoji1787]
                      You kinda were.

Texas has 2 baseball national titles and 1 football in the last 19 years. Tech has zero in their existence.

Texas has 10 all time in baseball and football.

Tech has zero.

Eddie Reese just retired with 15 in men's swimming and diving.

A&M has 13 TOTAL in all sports.

Tech, Baylor and TCU have less combined.

Houston has 17 total. 16 are golf.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-01-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Beard to Texas!

Why not 5 or 6 or 10? My bet is it wont show what he wanted. Cherry picked.

Nippled up again
                        Last edited by Smart; 04-01-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          You just don't get it dude.

Get what? That UT is just special? They're not. Despite all that money, all that allure, and all those top rated recruiting classes, they consistently underperform by (talent) comparison to several of their conference foes.

I get the alma mater draw for Beard and he has made his choice. I wish him well personally. I just think he would have been better off and more successful staying Tech coaching hungry, gritty kids willing to do what it takes to win - and fans that appreciate it.

As opposed to coaching kids who've been convinced they're already special just because they are at UT and fans who think they are always supposed to win just because they are UT.

UT gets the upper hand on this one as they usually do and of course us Tech fans don't like it. Especially knowing what is coming next with the poaching of recent Tech recruits.

Comment

I sure like hearing from all the butt hurt Texas haters and the so called clueless ones that pretend they don't know who you are talking about. Reassures me that Texas is still THE university of choice in our great state.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Why not 5 or 6 or 10? My bet is it wont show what he wanted. Cherry picked.

Nippled up again
                              You misspelled I’m right.😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                                I sure like hearing from all the butt hurt Texas haters and the so called clueless ones that pretend they don't know who you are talking about. Reassures me that Texas is still THE university of choice in our great state.
                                You’re right..As weak as it is.
                                Last edited by oktx; 04-01-2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X