Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectec brisket is the bomb!!!

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    He already went back to Matthew's and bought a Toyota.

It's either a hovaround or a pellet smoker next

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Is the Hovaround 4x4? [emoji12][emoji23] because I’m in if it is [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Going to put one on the electric in the near future. It won't have quite that bark or any smoke ring. But I've never been able to taste smoke ring.

You can **** sure taste bark... a brisket without bark is missing most of its flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
        I have a 590 and it’s just right for my family. You can put two briskets on, maybe three.
        I cooked / smoked 2 chuck roast on my 590 today. I used mesquite pellets for the 1st time. The bark was much darker than the REC TEQ pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          You can **** sure taste bark... a brisket without bark is missing most of its flavor.
          I didn’t say bark, now did I? 😜

Comment

Always fat down for me if you want a good bark. Those grates and gravity kill a good bark with the pretty side down. Bark is where most of your flavor is so a good bark is key. Also considering the fat “draining down through the meat” is a myth, fat should be used as insulation/protection from the fire first. Trimmed to 1/4” and laid towards the fire and in these pellet smokers’ case, the heat seems like it comes from underneath as over the top. Naturally for me, fat down would be my choice .

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A great stick burner brisket will change your life. A pellet smoker will save me some time in that life to do other things and be close [emoji12][emoji23]

I’m with smart. A pellet smoker brisket ain’t bad, but a decent brisket on a real smoker will best a great pellet grill brisket any day of the week. You can put all the smoke tubes you want in there. Still ain’t the same.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              I didn’t say bark, now did I? [emoji12]

Nope and we know why you left it out of the clever taste comment [emoji23]

Comment

I agree a stick burner cooks a better brisket than a pellet smoker. I own both. Pellet grill is super easy and you know exactly how it will turn out. Basically set it and forget it. I haven't smoked anything in a year are longer since my nephew sales brisket, ribs, etc, every Saturday morning out of his BBQ trailer.
                Last edited by doghouse; 03-27-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Nope and we know why you left it out of the clever taste comment [emoji23]
                  Riiight...

Comment

Looks tasty, good job!

Comment

Cooked a nice ribeye on my recteq today. Was the beat dang steak I’ve ever had. We went out to a nice steak house last night and I got the $185 best steak they had and this one put it to shame. Mine puts out plenty of smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        I agree a stick burner cooks a better brisket than a pellet smoker. I own both. Pellet grill is super easy and you know exactly how it will turn out. Basically set it and forget it. I haven't smoked anything in a year are longer since my nephew sales brisket, ribs, etc, every Saturday morning out of his BBQ trailer.
                        My offset cooks better meat that my REC TEQ as well. That why I haven`t sold it. But the pellet smoker is easy to use. I installed new electronics on my boat in my shop all day yesterday while I was smoking on my REC TEQ. I almost forgot I was cooking. You can`t do that on a stick burner.

Comment

Pulled pork tonight
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2A917449-FBDD-4264-81B5-E3403777F63D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	24648502

Comment

Tpack cooks a pretty mean lookin brisket on his Rectec. Surprised he hasn't posted.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                              My offset cooks better meat that my REC TEQ as well. That why I haven`t sold it. But the pellet smoker is easy to use. I installed new electronics on my boat in my shop all day yesterday while I was smoking on my REC TEQ. I almost forgot I was cooking. You can`t do that on a stick burner.

Much better quality than that at the local joint here in Wimberley. Perhaps I won't buy one. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Much better quality than that at the local joint here in Wimberley. Perhaps I won't buy one. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                BBowhunter, where is that brisket from? It looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X