Great idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    I agree with Indiana Jones, here. Let me share a cautionary tale...

My mother and I took a women’s-only “shooting for self-defense” class a few years back; there were approximately nine women in the class. The instructor was a female (this is important) and all in the class deemed her “just precious!” All told, she was very relatable as far as a bunch of suburban housewives were concerned, for someone in law enforcement.

She started the class by going around the circle and asking everyone what they hoped to get out of it, all but two had some version of the following in their answers: “...but I don’t want to kill anyone, I just want to hurt them.”

Now, this instructor, had been with the Ca. Highway Patrol (CHiP) before transferring to Houston PD before retiring with something like 40 years in law enforcement, all of it “on the streets.” This “precious” woman was also a real Bad**s! Her response to those answers was this: In spite of what you see on TV or hear about in the news, non-lethal weapons like tasers and rubber bullets won’t always stop a highly motivated offender. A 200 lb man with high testosterone and high adrenaline, or a man amped up on PCP, have been known to power through even a bullet wound only to drop dead after the commission of their crime, so, to use anything less than lethal force on a perpetrator intent on harming you is to take a needless risk with your life.

(As an aside, she also discussed “shooting to wound,” firing warning shots, and, worst of all, the possibility that your own weapon could be used against you, as an equally precepts, but this is a different conversation.)

She summed everything up by saying that women need to disavow themselves of their reluctance to use lethal force to stop an attacker intent on causing imminent harm or the death. Anything less is a fool’s errand.

So my response to your query, OP, and with all due respect, is no. I wouldn’t even consider it.
    Which brings us to Clint Smith:
    "Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, cause it's gonna be empty."

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Which brings us to Clint Smith:
      "Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, cause it's gonna be empty."
      Hah! Great quote!

Comment

She'll put her eye out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bear spray. After the can is empty smack em in the face with it like the twisted tea video

Comment

I have a kimber double barrel pistol. That uses co gas in a cartridge that looks to be powered by a 9mm casing. Haven't needed to use it so not sure how effective it is. It does not shoot balls how ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              This plus I would worry the C02 wouldn't hold pressure over time.
              Yep, that would really suck, when you are counting on that thing to save your life and the CO2 bottle, is empty when you finally need it.

Comment

I carry the real thing all the time.
                My wife and daughter doesnt for very legit reasons but she does have pepper spray and there is always at least one full can of wasp spray with the safety latch removed in all of our vehicles.
                Depending on wind you can be pretty accurate with wasp spray out to about 30'. and that stuff in your eyes and mouth will slow someone down.

Comment

Working...
                X