Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the police officers on equipment

My son starts the academy next month.

He ahs already hired on and ahs a sponsor. The will provide ammo, uniforms and all that...

He needs his own duty belt and holster. Looking at safariland and biancci.

was wondering if there were others before pulling the trigger?

Safariland is our go to and all I ever wore when in patrol. Good luck to the man.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
      Safariland is our go to and all I ever wore when in patrol. Good luck to the man.
      ditto. And still wearing one. Depending on gun and light safariland can be hard to find.

Although I saw an alien gear duty holster the other day. Email them and they offer 15% off codes.

For a belt Id look hard at https://safelifedefense.com/product/classic-duty-belt/

Comment

Thanks all. He know the belt has to be 2.25 inches.

Checking on policy about finish (basketweave or nylon)

Does everyone run the velcro inner belts?

Comment

I wore safariland for 14 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Safe life defense makes good nylon belts and the best Velcro inner belt I've ever used. Safariland is by far the best duty equipment when it comes to holsters and leather duty belts.

Comment

I don’t know anything about this, just surprised they have to buy their own gear. Our LEO’s should have the best gear, at no cost. IMO

Comment

Another vote on safariland for a duty holster. Quality holster, makes drawing easy and sits comfortable…

Comment

I would tell him to get safariland leather Sam Brown. I wore the same one for 20 plus years. Tried all kinds of gear but always went back to my original

Comment

He going to use what the department that hired him requires. We had to use a department Sam Brown, handcuff case , holster and weapon. He needs to check with them to see what he can purchase or what is provided by the department.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                      I don’t know anything about this, just surprised they have to buy their own gear. Our LEO’s should have the best gear, at no cost. IMO

Most large agencies don't buy squat. Probably 14 or 1500 bucks of gear on my belt and been supplied about 200 of it.

I won't even get to what I've bought that's in my truck.

And I pack light since leaving patrol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have worn Bianchi Accumold duty gear and a Safariland holster for a long time. It's what I'm issued and I'm too cheap and old to go out and drop hundreds of dollars on high speed gear. It holds up and has performed well for my department. A bunch of guys are now supplementing or almost building their own rigs with boutique gear. There are a bunch of small companies making high quality duty gear like cuff cases, mag carriers, duty belts, etc...

Comment

Safariland holster. I got into a crash and ended up with glass shards in my retention hood. Made it real gritty. Contacted them and asked what my options were. They overnighted me a new retention hood. Two Allen screws and good as new. Literally the gold standard. Surprised they aren't providing a holster.

Comment

Thats weird. Around DFW, i pretty sure all of the large agencies provide all the required belt gear. Extras (like extra cuff cases, flashlights holders, some TQ holders maybe not). Couple things you might look at getting him, good small flashlight backup for his belt or pocket, holster mounted tourniquet case (saves room on belt), good duty bag for his gear, good duty/search gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              Thanks all. He know the belt has to be 2.25 inches.

Checking on policy about finish (basketweave or nylon)

Does everyone run the velcro inner belts?

I wear a bison heavy duty rigger belt under my duty rig. The Velcro inner belts destroy pants and belt loops. I hate my uniform looking all tattered. I'm also a big thick guy and like the security of a tightened belt.

Comment

Working...
                              X