Is this vehicle totalled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this vehicle totalled?

Does the crushed roof total this suv or is this something that can be repaired? This is just for my own curiosity as this is a vehicle that turned in front of my son while he was on his bicycle.
    Attached Files

This is one case you can say that you sure are glad they don't build them like they used to. Thank the lord.

Comment

Yep, insurance will not fix that.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks. I thought it was totaled. Hard to grasp that a human body could do that much damage to a vehicle and survive.

Comment

Hope your sons doing good thats crazy that a body did that.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
              Hope your sons doing good thats crazy that a body did that.
              Thanks, Doing well but he will never be whole. He's back on his bike though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                Thanks, Doing well but he will never be whole. He's back on his bike though.
                Thats good and im glad hes able to get back to it!

Comment

Glad he is doing better

I am guessing that crease by the headlight is from the bicycle?
                  I would think you would have to be moving at a good clip to do that?

Comment

My Lord!! I thought this was some kind of joke. God blessed him.

Comment

As a runner and cyclist you learn pretty quickly that too many drivers don’t pay attention and there are others that despise you being on the road. By law vehicles have to give you 3’. I hope you sue them to be made whole.

If you don’t already, please get lights for his bike. You said he already biking, you gotta tough kid there.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                        My Lord!! I thought this was some kind of joke. God blessed him.
                        It was really serious for a while. https://wjla.com/news/local/fairfax-...os-bike-safety

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                        As a runner and cyclist you learn pretty quickly that too many drivers don’t pay attention and there are others that despise you being on the road. By law vehicles have to give you 3’. I hope you sue them to be made whole.

I've never been in a lawsuit in my life and don't really care for them but in this case, yes. This was a wide-open stretch of road and there was no reason the driver should have not seen him. She turned left in front of him.

If you don’t already, please get lights for his bike. You said he already biking, you gotta tough kid there.
                        Tough, yes. That bike was 10K so I'm sure he probably has needed equipment.

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Glad he is doing better

I am guessing that crease by the headlight is from the bicycle?
                        I would think you would have to be moving at a good clip to do that?
                        He said he is normally going about 43 MPH on that stretch so yes, he was moving.
                        Last edited by Kossetx; 08-12-2022, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Yup

Not gonna fix that

Comment

Looks new enough, that it should not total. But then labor rates may be very high in that area, that and parts mark up, may also be very high. But in Texas, as new as that vehicle looks, it should not be a total.

Insurance companies go off a percentage of the value of the vehicle. I think they have all raised total threshold, that and the cost of vehicles has gone way up. There is not a lot of damage there, other that the roof. The roof will be the big expense in that repair. I would bet, it would take over $20,000 in damage to total that car.

The last time I had a hard hit vehicle that I wrote an estimate on, I think it was a Kia sport utility, of some type. It was only a couple years old. I would have guessed, $8,000 to $9,000 would have easily have totaled it. But they had replaced most of the front of the vehicle, all the way to the firewall, with new factory parts. Then when I got assigned the vehicle, it was given to me for a supplement. I think, the total repair at that point, was around $15,000 to $16,000. I could not believe a Kia, did not total, with that amount of damage. That was probably 8 years ago. I was doing estimating as a side job, at the time.

I would guess, $7,000 $8,000, worth of damage to that car in the picture, with todays pricing and methods.
                            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-12-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Not totaled, they will fix that. No structural damage, just sheet metal.

Comment

Working...
                              X