Ozympic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozympic

Any type 2 diabetics on here ever been on ozympic? I tried it for 3 months and was sick to my stomach the entire time. Worked great on my a1c but I just couldn't stand it.

I take it.
    Did your Dr. start you off gradually with your dosage? It will make you sick if you don't start out with a low dosage and work your way up...

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
      I take it.
      Did your Dr. start you off gradually with your dosage? It will make you sick if you don't start out with a low dosage and work your way up...
      Yes. Started with "starter doses" really liked what it did to my a1c, just couldn't stomach it. Wonder if I tried it again I'd get the same side affects?
      Last edited by Walker; 08-09-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I was told it takes a few weeks to get settled and for your body to adjust. My Dr. had me slowly increase my dose every 2 weeks until I got to my prescribed dosage. I'd say consult your Dr. and let him/her know what's going on. I may just not agree with you.

Comment

Great...now I got their jingle in my head.

Comment

How often are you taking it? My doctor only has me taking it once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
              How often are you taking it? My doctor only has me taking it once a week.
              Once a week. I started with a "starter" pack and over a month 2 steps up to a full dose. I kid you not I was sick for 3 months. I stuck it out til my next dr visit. Dr said it does that to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Once a week. I started with a "starter" pack and over a month 2 steps up to a full dose. I kid you not I was sick for 3 months. I stuck it out til my next dr visit. Dr said it does that to some people.

It’s my understanding that GLP-1 Analogs (drug classification of Ozempic and other drugs like it) are notorious for causing GI distress. Perhaps your doc can switch you to another one of these medications. Also, I wouldn’t wait three months to contact my doctor’s office if I were experiencing stomach upset. Often, they can address the problem over the phone.

Comment

I was put on Trulicity 3 months ago and it has done wonders for my A1C and morning glucose levels. Once a week injection.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                    I was put on Trulicity 3 months ago and it has done wonders for my A1C and morning glucose levels. Once a week injection.
                    I'm going to ask my Dr. About trulicity but it think it's pretty much the same as ozympic.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      Kuma, you have a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Kuma, you have a pm.
                        Answered and thanks for the message!!

Comment

The number one side effect with the entire GLP-1 class of drugs is nausea. For some it resolves and for others it doesn’t. Rybelsus is the same molecule as ozempic, just oral so you would probably still have nausea. Trulicity would be another once weekly injection. There is also bydureon b-cise but I don’t think it works as well.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone on Ozempic, or any other medication in this drug class, has experienced a sharp increase in triglycerides?

Comment

Victoza gave me mad GERD. It's a daily GLP-1 injectable.

Comment

Working...
                              X