Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The number and length of boats a man can own is literally unlimited

It’s almost like there no one watching and judging you once you get to be an adult.

You don’t like to fish? No worries, you’ll be busy fixing your boat(s) anyway

Comment

Find some you know what, 20ish, hot, single, and doesn’t want to marry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        I have a good friend. Single for the last 15 years or so. Now 66 yrs old. Goes on 3-4 singles cruises, get togethers etc. These are people in their 50s-70s. He travels all over. Nashville, Bahamas, and many other places. Not sure how he found the group. But he enjoys his time. He jokingly says he has 5 girlfriends in 5 different states. I'm pretty sure it is 10 girl friends in 10 states.
        But when you finally meet them one can only hope that they are really GIRLS!!!

Comment

A boblee half of a life would be great. I say go all ‘boblee’ on life.

Comment

I been single 22 years and you couldn’t pay me enough to change that. Got kids, grandkids, brothers, nieces, nephews and cousins close by so I’m never bored. Self employed, work 5-6 days a week and plan on doing it till they plant me. I got no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              But when you finally meet them one can only hope that they are really GIRLS!!!
              Hahaha!!! I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                I been single 22 years and you couldn’t pay me enough to change that. Got kids, grandkids, brothers, nieces, nephews and cousins close by so I’m never bored. Self employed, work 5-6 days a week and plan on doing it till they plant me. I got no complaints.

What do you do for a living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  I definitely need to learn to live a little. Slow down and enjoy things. I have been working on that for a while. Those here that know me, know that I am.....intense, for lack of a better word. Very driven and serious. This makes it hard for me to relax. There is always something that needs to be fixed, so its hard to relax when there is stuff that needs to be done. This has made me marginally successful financially, but has cost me dearly personally. But I am working on it.

This way of life or personality, not sure which it is, is hard to change, especially when it is no longer necessary.

As far as boblee, I remember those threads well, but I just cant bring myself to do that. Heck, I have never even had a one night stand.
                  Oh hell you wasn't bad to be around

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Oh hell you wasn't bad to be around

Quit hitting on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                      I'm 54, divorced for 2.5 years, finalized about a week before the plandemic began. Kids are grown. With everything shut down about then, there was literally nothing to do. Went fishing some when the weather cooperated. Went motorcycle riding with friends but again, just riding due to restaurants/bars being shut down. I work 12 hour shifts so that means I was just sitting at home by myself for 3-4 days a week. No one to talk to, hang out with except my grown kids and grandkids, which was great). But that lead to some serious depression and soul searching for myself. What's funny is that one of my daughters called about 2 months in to the plandemic and asked if we (family) wanted to come over and have dinner/hang out as her and her husband were getting tired of seeing only each other. I laughed and said, "try and sit in a house by yourself everyday with no one at all to talk to"..... She paused, apologized and almost started crying because she hadn't thought about that. Since then we started getting together more often, which has been great. Also, I started looking at on-line dating sites and decided to take a chance. Met some interesting women, but I did find one that has been terrific. Took me a while to really get comfortable with being treated with dignity and respect, and appreciates the thing I do for her. Been dating over a year now and honestly couldn't be happier. We are in a good place and stay busy with friends and family.

Bottom line, take some time to find yourself (as cliche as that sounds). Take one day at a time and learn what makes you happy. When the time is right, you'll figure out the how, what, when, where's of life and persue that, whatever that entails.

Best of luck, it can be a long, rough road.

thats a good read. thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        Quit hitting on him.
                        [emoji14]

Comment

Volunteer……meals on wheels or food pantry. Nothing wrong with give back a little!

Comment

This makes me wanna go give my wife a big ol hug and kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                              What do you do for a living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Material hauling as in dump trucks. This area is booming so we stay super busy.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                                Hands down, end of story, close thread! Rip Boblee! Good grief
                                On a site like TBH, I've never understood all the jealous admiration given to a guy that hired a hooker for his birthday.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X