No announcement yet.

‘Tainer Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh heck yah ! I could live in one of those all season!

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments. We are trying to build a nice camp on a budget which is tough these days.
      I’ll be running the water line with a few buddies soon. There is an inactive meter a few hundred yards away we can tap.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post

This is where we are now with a temporary cattle fence. We plan to build a large deck in between for covered outdoor space. Since these containers are not considered permanent structures, we hope to be tax-free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Foard county adds containers to the tax roll. Maybe your county is more tolerant.

Comment

Pretty sweet!

Comment

Nice! Did yall weld the 4 together there or were they attached then moved into place?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The rig house was already built. It’s two 40 footers and two 20 footers welded together on a frame of wide flange beams. The oil company we got it from was closing down. They sold over 100 of these. I feel like we got a deal and it will last much longer than a mobile home. Everything is pex. We had it moved from south of San Antonio.

Comment

Those interiors look great, all the comforts, nice!

Comment

Once you get the cover between the two "buildings" it will epic. Remember to plan around putting a potbelly stove in the middle...sitting outside, under a roof with a stove ripping is one of my favorite past times at our place.

Comment

My understanding is that it the structure is on skids or axles it isn’t considered permanent

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                      The rig house was already built. It’s two 40 footers and two 20 footers welded together on a frame of wide flange beams. The oil company we got it from was closing down. They sold over 100 of these. I feel like we got a deal and it will last much longer than a mobile home. Everything is pex. We had it moved from south of San Antonio.

Can you send me the contact info of where you got it from?

Comment

PM sent. Located in Moore, TX.
                        I think they may be sold out. The remaining inventory was in pretty rough shape when we bought in October.

Comment

Congrats on the quarters
                          That’s gonna be a comfortable camp and hope you enjoy the next 50!yrs there
                          Where is the camp? In Brown county ?

Comment

Put a covered deck on one of those and you have a nice outdoor area with a view.

Comment

Called in some buddies and rented a trencher for the weekend. Main water supply was 1400 feet from the inactive meter up at the highway. Plus a couple hundred in camp. We ran water to both containers, outdoor kitchen area, an rv hookup, and a potential future barn.

Comment

It was a ton of work. We’ve recently had a bunch of much needed rain at the ranch. The mud made everything harder but you don’t complain about rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X