This old rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This old rope

I have this old rope a helper weaved years ago from bull tape. I carried it for years in the bottom on my tool box of my truck. Used it occasionally to pull my 4wheeler out or tie something down on the trailer. Then Hurricane Harvey hit and I found myself stranded in high water with 12 other people. A small creek nearby had turned into white water rapids and a mother and 3 children had gotten swept away. That old rope plus the strength of a young high school swimmer and 6 men pulled those people from certain death. The rope was lost after the rescue but washed up at my front door two days later. No real point to this post just thought I’d share.
    Attached Files

Awesome story, I would keep it with me for sure!

Comment

That's a keeper!

Comment

Now that right there has the makin's of a good country gospel song!!
        I'd say your post has a real serious point to it! God takes care of us even when we don't realize it and He can use anyone and anything! Just think about all the things that had to go just right for that rope to be there at the right place at precisely the right time!!

Comment

That rope belongs in the museum of awesomeness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
            I have this old rope a helper weaved years ago from bull tape. I carried it for years in the bottom on my tool box of my truck. Used it occasionally to pull my 4wheeler out or tie something down on the trailer. Then Hurricane Harvey hit and I found myself stranded in high water with 12 other people. A small creek nearby had turned into white water rapids and a mother and 3 children had gotten swept away. That old rope plus the strength of a young high school swimmer and 6 men pulled those people from certain death. The rope was lost after the rescue but washed up at my front door two days later. No real point to this post just thought I’d share.
            Love it. Thank you. We all have that certain item that has served beyond what we imagined they would.
            Brings back memories and gives hope and strength.
            Thank you!

Comment

Well played.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

This belongs in the "Testify" thread!
                Great story...and testimony!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool story.

Reminds me of that movie on Amazon Prime - Memorial Day. He collects "trinkets" to remind him of the stories.

Comment

Very cool story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s bull tape?

Comment

Awesome testimony of just a old rope. Plaiting a rope that long from mule tape took a minute or two. I bet that helper would be proud to know his craftsmanship saved someone's life.

Comment

NICE.. Few ropes have a story that significant.. Frame it in a shadow box..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            What’s bull tape?
                            VERY strong Flat nylon strap. Most I have is 1/2" and 5/8" wide.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              What’s bull tape?
                              Linemen use it for pulling wire, then usually throw it on the ground and drive off when they are done. It's good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X