308 sight in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

308 sight in?

308 is kinda new to me , so what’s the best inch high @ 100 meters?
    1.5 ,2 or 3 inch high for MPBR / point and shoot
    150gr Norma medium game @ 2822fps
    This stupid box says +3 @ 100 = 0 @ 200

I would say it’s pretty close. I sighted one in today using the Nosler 165 Accubonds at 100 yards. Then shot it at 200 yards and it was over 3” low. I was amazed at how much it dropped. Guess I got spoiled with my .257. Had a hard time finding something this gun liked. Reloads and just about all factory loads except the Trophy Nosle AB 165s. Finally found the one she likes. We don’t shoot it much but hate having a rifle in the safe that will not shoot.

Comment

I usually go 1.5-2” high at 100 or zero it at 200

Dang those Accubonds are some great ammo, my 308’s loves them too

Comment

I've hunted with .308 almost exclusively for about 7 years. Do what you have to do on the range to get you close to zero at 200. It's a great round. I have found Hornady Superformance, 165 gr SST very effective. You might try it. It has less drop. 1.8" high @ 100 gets you zero at 200.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
          I usually go 1.5-2” high at 100 or zero it at 200

Dang those Accubonds are some great ammo, my 308’s loves them too
          This. I like a 200 yard zero on a scope I’m not going to be dialing. For most modern cartridges that’ll put you 6-8” low at 300. Verify, of course.

Comment

What range will you be hunting at? Where I'm hunting now, my shots are under 150 yards. I zero at 100. If you're potentially shooting longer or won't take a neck shot, you can zero at 200 and be good to go out to 250 or so.

LWD

Comment

Scope height factors in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                308 is kinda new to me , so what’s the best inch high @ 100 meters?
                1.5 ,2 or 3 inch high for MPBR / point and shoot
                150gr Norma medium game @ 2822fps
                This stupid box says +3 @ 100 = 0 @ 200
                1" high at 100 will be 1" low at 200. Below is my 308 with 0.8 high at 100, Zero is 170.
                Last edited by BrianL; 08-17-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

+ 2– 2. 1/2 @ 100 seems ok I guess for 308
                  Attached Files

Comment

While we're talkin 308....

18$ box Norma

Comment

That’s the round I am using, a little different than the Norma whitetail

Comment

That’s a smoking good deal.

Comment

Tried looking this ammo up on Norma website and could not find it. The whitetail was the closest thing. Even searched the model/sku/upc in normas website and couldn't find it. Maybe old stock there getting rid of?

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                            Tried looking this ammo up on Norma website and could not find it. The whitetail was the closest thing. Even searched the model/sku/upc in normas website and couldn't find it. Maybe old stock there getting rid of?
                            “” product #’s
                            #950072 = whitetail
                            # 967721= medium game , it’s loaded a little bit faster @ 2822fps vs 2788
                            They’ll probably discontinue the medium game since WT gained some popularity
                            To avoid confusion?””

Comment

When I emailed Normal asking about it they told me it's the same exact thing in a different box, dunno if I got a lazy rep or what because there seems to be some conflicting info.

Comment

Working...
                              X