Make your pitch for best dog breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    In the 12 or so years I spent assisting guides or running hunts, I saw more black whistle robot dogs act a straight fool than any other color. Customers wearing the remote button out on a dog running buck wild. More often than not an agreement was made to get the dog some 'experience' which turned into a cluster where an off remote dog ended up handing the birds while i-robot wanted to fight and take a leak on the rags and blind bags

One of the best goose dogs I ever hunted over the guy found him in a ditch and trained him. A couple of the most talked about guides on the prairie had brown and yellow. Thats the only field trial I that mattered to me and the folks I hunted with.

I believe it and you said it yourself those dogs needed experience. My dog isn’t in the field trial game and doesn’t wear a remote but I made sure her parents had titles, to me it showed that she had the ability to make a good hunting dog.

But in the end the OP asked our opinion and I gave him mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
      We lost our Jack Russell in June. We had him for 16 1/2 years. He was the best dog ever. His name was Rascal. Does your JRT track deer? I’m thinking about getting us another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Does he track deer???!!! Check out this thread! That dog can hunt.

Comment

Seems like a JRT might be more dog than I want to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Seems like a JRT might be more dog than I want to deal with.
          I can see where they can be crazy terrors [emoji1787]Click image for larger version

Name:	20220816_171450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	24688979

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I can see where they can be crazy terrors [emoji1787][ATTACH]1098820[/ATTACH]

this must be their "other speed"

Comment

also aren't they well know for being Excessive barkers?

Comment

Lab… we have 3 of them. Won’t ever have anything else again… maybe a golden but that’s it.

Comment

Labs are awesome companion dogs that would check all the boxes I realize, but I'm just not a Lab guy. I don't know why.
                  Do you also hate little kids, old people and cheer when an orphanage burns?

Comment

We have 3. They bark at strangers, squirrels and us when we get home.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Why yes I do! Perhaps I need the join the ranks of the GOF's

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Haha!!! Right?

Get a lab…and vacuum as mentioned above. Only thing better is a lab mix mutt.

Comment

Terrier? Not at all.

Comment

No pitch here . Mastiffs to me are the best dog ever .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              No pitch here . Mastiffs to me are the best dog ever .
                              I have about $5000 worth of damage receipts that would argue with you.

Pulled Septic Control Panel out of ground.
                              Chewed Polaris steering wheel so bad couldn't use it.
                              Ate two Polaris head rests.
                              Chewed hole in Polaris seat.
                              Popped Polaris Mud tire with mouth.
                              Pulled pool pump loose from pipe and into yard.
                              Ate wife's custom drapes.

F-U Beatrice. I hope your new owners kick you.

Comment

labs for hunting and yorkshire terriers for home defense

Comment

Working...
                                X