Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeatCat View Post
    Found this at the JW Marriot in San Antonio where a sprinkler head had eroded the soil around it. Any clue on if Ive got an actual arrowhead here, and if so, what kind? If it actually is one, it would be ironic to find my first full one at a resort after years of passive looking while hunting all over the state.
    I’m no help on the pointed rock, but from the looks of it, your big toe ain’t friends with the rest of its neighbors on your right foot.....

Comment

Originally posted by criddle View Post
      Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Broke drill

Comment

I have a football field sized area to explore between a creek and river on a ridge. I am either going to plow it up or use a tiller on my tractor. Which would be best? It will have to rain first though.

Comment

Originally posted by criddle View Post
          Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          It is an artifact but reworked so much that I can't really say who made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearfork51 View Post
            I have a football field sized area to explore between a creek and river on a ridge. I am either going to plow it up or use a tiller on my tractor. Which would be best? It will have to rain first though.
            Did you find any points there yet? What kind of ground, sand, rock?

If I had something like that, I would divide into sections and allow hand digs in a section until it was exhausted. Then, open another section for hand digs, keeping track of what was found and where. After the hand diggers are done, open it to screen digs.
            You could get $100 per person on the hand digs and $3-400 pp on the screen digs depending on what is found. You can always dig whenever you want. Maybe a TBH get together.

Comment

My grandfather found a few artifacts many years ago in plowed areas. It is sand mixed with a little gravel eventually turning into caliche.

Comment

I just found this walking a fence line in concan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandfather found a few artifacts many years ago in plowed areas. It is sand mixed with a little gravel eventually turning into caliche.
                  Are you thinking of running some digs out there. Maybe a couple of us TBHers could do some test holes for you so you know what you have.

Comment

Trying to get a pic to appear in this post. Is this just a rock or some kind of artifact?

Comment

[ATTACH]1098715[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1098716[/ATTACH]
                      ok maybe this will work for me now. Is this just a rock or something else? Thanks for your patience, I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer on tech stuff.
                      Last edited by Clearfork51; 08-28-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Looks like an artifact but it wouldn't flake well and he gave up on it.

Comment

ok maybe this will work for me now. Is this just a rock or something else? Thanks for your patience, I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer on tech stuff.
                          Doesn't look like good material. Any others?

Comment

Here is another find. Not sure what it is, if anything.
                            Last edited by Clearfork51; 08-28-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Found in a cotton field. Any thoughts on the type?

Comment

My 6 year old found this little guy. I just can’t imagine what use this little point would be for?

And I found this partial

Comment

Working...
                                X