No announcement yet.

Beware Of Prednisone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most drugs have a long list of possible side effects with a final statement at the end warning there could be more unknown side effects. I had cataracts in both eyes in my early 40's and had only been on 1 very short term dose of prednisone many years before. Too many possible causes to really know what caused them. But, I do investigate the possible side effects of any new prescription I get. The pharmacist is one of the best resources, much better than most docs.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      fify
      Don’t read to much into this question because it’s not there. Isn’t two of the common listed ivermectin side effects site and joint issues? My problem is it seems every medicine has a list of 10 things that could go wrong. Heaven forbid you mix 2-3 who knows what will happen

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        Don’t read to much into this question because it’s not there. Isn’t two of the common listed ivermectin side effects site and joint issues? My problem is it seems every medicine has a list of 10 things that could go wrong. Heaven forbid you mix 2-3 who knows what will happen
        The only sight issues I have heard of with ivermectin is if you have serious parasite infestations the dead parasites effect vision . Ivermectin worked amazingly on the inflammation.

The issue I was having then turned out to be gout.

Comment

Good luck and prayers for a successful surgery

Comment

I took it for my gout attacks. Worked great but that **** caused osteonecrosis in my hip and caused me to get a hip replacement at 42. So yeah, beware.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
              Y'all have me scared of Prednisone now. Been on this mess for about 2 months now. I see some of the side effects coming through that have been mentioned, especially Gar Guy. I just threw the script in the trash.
              You are not suppose to stop prednisone abruptly if you have been taking it for 2 months. You will be in withdrawals. You really need to stair step down. Look up how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                You are not suppose to stop prednisone abruptly if you have been taking it for 2 months. You will be in withdrawals. You really need to stair step down. Look up how to do it.
                In Dr office now, she read this thread and changing my meds.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                  In Dr office now, she read this thread and changing my meds.
                  Awesome!

Comment

Prednisone will also contribute to getting Glaucoma and if you have glaucoma it greatly increases eye pressure

Comment

My daughter gets really bad chest/sinus colds at least once or twice a year. When she gets bad, prednisone typically clears it all up within 3-4 days. Without it she will end up with bronchitis, and typically ends up having some bad asthma attacks that have put her in the hospital a couple of times. It works great for her, but the potential long term side effects do concern me. It seems as though big pharma companies come out with drugs that have side effects, so more drugs can be prescribed to treat the side effects, rinse and repeat.

Comment

I took that sh** once. Dang near blinded me too. I stopped taking it after 2 days and my eyes cleared up. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          I took that sh** once. Dang near blinded me too. I stopped taking it after 2 days and my eyes cleared up. Never again.
                          That's not how cataracts work. It's believable that your vision cleared up. But, by definition, it could not have been from cataracts caused by the prednisone. Cataracts don't just "clear up".

Comment

The answer to your question is, I do know more now than I did then and I would refuse it in a heart beat. That's why I'm trying to warn yall.

Also the scrip was for joint swelling that may or may not have been covid related. It was not life or death. Beware.
                            When one goes for a cataract procedure, that is often done under what's called a "retrobulbar block" done with a local anesthetic. Potential complications from that medication and procedure include intraneural injection with permanent damage to the optic nerve (vision); intravascular injection with cardiovascular collapse, heart attack, stroke and death. The list of potential side effects with the various, possible drugs utilized during a cataract procedure could go on.
                            The point being: One should discuss one's treatment options with one's physician to make an informed decision about one's own healthcare. In general, it would not be advisable to get healthcare advice from an internet hunting forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                              When one goes for a cataract procedure, that is often done under what's called a "retrobulbar block" done with a local anesthetic. Potential complications from that medication and procedure include intraneural injection with permanent damage to the optic nerve (vision); intravascular injection with cardiovascular collapse, heart attack, stroke and death. The list of potential side effects with the various, possible drugs utilized during a cataract procedure could go on.
                              The point being: One should discuss one's treatment options with one's physician to make an informed decision about one's own healthcare. In general, it would not be advisable to get healthcare advice from an internet hunting forum.
                              Well all right then. I reccomend one talk to ones Dr
                              About this one crappy drug before taking one. Tell him about one guy who had one cataract from one round of it. Maybe I can save ones eye.

Comment

First I ever heard of such but I'm scheduled to have my blind eye fixed Tuesday. Just an fYI on Prednisone. I don't want anymore.
                                How did your eye surgery go, Steve? Hoping all is well.

Comment

Working...
                                X