No announcement yet.

Truck theft deterrent - flash bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm......that gives me a couple of ideas !!!

Comment

Great idea. Saw this one below from an inventor in South Africa when watching the above.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg&t=85s"]SOUTH AFRICA: FLAME THROWING DEVICE TO COMBAT CAR JACKING (V) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        New Orleans is a cesspool like most large cities because most criminals want to be where the environment is target rich
        the NOPD is down around 40% of it's officers. They need 1,600 and currently have close to 1,000. The Police Department and DA are at odds and can't get along. Police often arrest a 12-16 yr. old thug for armed robbery, burglary, illegal possession of a firearm, car jacking, rape, attempted murder, etc ..... and the DA won't press charges against the juvenile thus allowing the criminal back on the streets. 2 weeks later, Police arrest same thug ... "rinse and repeat". Murderers are being released from prison because the DA did not file charges or complete the necessary paperwork before the required legal deadline.

The whole legal/criminal system in NOLA is a Cluster F. These teenage thugs do NOT fear the law or legal system because they know they will not be held accountable. Most police officers have said "F it" . They are taking early leaves and hiring on with neighboring Parishes who enforce the law and try criminals in front of a judge / jury.

Sadly, this same aforementioned scenario is happening in many other cities where the soft-liberal elected officials and District Attorney's care more about their salaries than prosecuting cases.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
          Claymore works better
          As a young pup I was stationed at Hurlburt Field in Florida. I kept having my radar detectors stolen so having access to demolition items of all kinds I decided to rig up a special radar detector that when plugged in would produce an ugly surprise.

Here is what happened and the reason you really want to think twice about such things…

My radar detector gets stolen at lunch, the thief takes it directly to a pawn shop in Ft Walton Beach, the pawn clerk decides to test it first before buying it. The perp and the clerk have it sitting on a glass counter and it gets plugged in to a 12 volt power supply…

By the Grace of God the power supply wasn’t plugged in so the clerk went over to plug it in and BOOM ! It put plastic fragments in the perps face and chest and destroyed the glass counter. The situation got worse for the bad guy for sure.

Sounds good, don’t do it !

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            As a young pup I was stationed at Hurlburt Field in Florida. I kept having my radar detectors stolen so having access to demolition items of all kinds I decided to rig up a special radar detector that when plugged in would produce an ugly surprise.

Here is what happened and the reason you really want to think twice about such things…

My radar detector gets stolen at lunch, the thief takes it directly to a pawn shop in Ft Walton Beach, the pawn clerk decides to test it first before buying it. The perp and the clerk have it sitting on a glass counter and it gets plugged in to a 12 volt power supply…

By the Grace of God the power supply wasn’t plugged in so the clerk went over to plug it in and BOOM ! It put plastic fragments in the perps face and chest and destroyed the glass counter. The situation got worse for the bad guy for sure.

Sounds good, don’t do it !
            You should have rigged it to go off, when it was disconnected. Wire it with a battery inside, then have the plug opening two contacts, when the plug for the power cord is removed it closes those contacts and Surprise! Surprise! Why they hell were you in my car anyway, would have been my answer.

Comment

Had my truck broken into last night and they stole my tools. Need something to keep them away

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                Had my truck broken into last night and they stole my tools. Need something to keep them away
                I'd wager something like this was used in the video's truck.

Use the Camp Safe to protect your homestead, garden, and camping area. The device is spring loaded and can be armed with blanks, poppers, and training ammo.

Comment

Don’t lock your doors, and don’t leave anything in a vehicle

Comment

This is what I do. I tell my wife I'd rather them open the door to find nothing than break my window to find nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      "NOPD urges residents not to take matters into their own hands"

How about urging thieves to stay the hell out of other peoples trucks.
                      Hello

Comment

But the walking piece of pond scum in the video didn't even check the door. Back when I had a soft top, I did just what you said to keep the top intact.

Comment

Cyanide trap .

Comment

Too bad it did not remove his hand

Comment

Love the video

I stayed at the Dominion La Quinta on the NW side of San Antonio. The gf’s 2020 F150 got broken into. Nothing of value was visible. Got the hotel to show us surveillance and the perps rolled through the parking lot, saw her truck, jumped out and ripped the wires out of the horn with a long pair of needlenose. Then punched the lock on the drivers side and rifled through the console and then flipped up the backseat. They made out with a pistol case that was in the console (no pistol, just a few loaded mags so they probably assumed they scored big) and the gf’s Nikon camera that was hidden under the backseat. Whole thing took less than 30 seconds. And that’s not an exaggeration. That’s from the time stamp on the surveillance.

Main takeaway:
                              1. Even if there’s nothing valuable visible, still take it out of your truck.
                              2. If you have one of the new body style fords, replace your door handle with one of the rear door so there’s no key cylinder to punch out.
                              3. Screw San Antonio

Anyhow, if anyone has a new body style f150 and wants to bait it and wait, lmk. I’ve got a prybar that would sure love to connect with some wrists

Comment

Working...
                              X