Shed Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shed Dogs

Wanting to make my next dog a shed dog. Starting to look into some kennels with started shed dogs or that will take a dog to train. I have found some nice kennels up north. Was wondering if any good shed dog kennels here in Texas.

what the hell are you talking about

Comment

Originally posted by soniabell8mg View Post

Really? I’ll just assume that was a question, since it’s got as much punctuation as it does tact.

Dogs, that are trained to use their noses to find and retrieve shed antlers.

If you’re gonna be a smart ***, try not to be such a dumb ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Information

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Really? I’ll just assume that was a question, since it’s got as much punctuation as it does tact.

Comment

[emoji16]

Comment

Nailed it Dale.

OP. Not aware of any kennels that train but, start your puppy with fresh sheds when they are young. Hide the antlers and reward for finding them. Keep doing that and making it harder and harder the dogs will soon find antlers with their eyes closed.
            Good luck.

Comment

Justin, it's just as easy to train your own. Puppies can start learning at a very young age. Make it a game with last year's antlers if you have any. Cabela's and Bass Pro and even our local Academy sell kits that you can use to teach your dog to find them. They are cheap but for a young dog may be better because they come with a rubberized "starter" antler that is easier for pups to manage and they come with a bottle of "antler" scent.
              Good luck!

Comment

Title got me...I had a dog that shed hair all over...Then I thought dog to stay in shed and protect it from thieves..Then a little lite came on Deer Antler...du lol

Comment

Try to get some real fresh sheds to start your training yourself.
                  Almost any dog with a decent nose can be trained to find them.
                  Please don't go buy a shed to use for , if you can't find on or get one locally I could send you one or 2 but they will smell like Wyoming deer, lol.

Comment

Like everybody else said, it is pretty easy to train them to find them. Just make sure and use sheds and not cut off antlers, the smell you are training for is on the pedicle.

Comment

Originally posted by soniabell8mg View Post
                      ???Nubbin' buck and member since last month? This isn't the way we treat each other on the green screen---

Comment

Cool it or get out of here

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          ???Nubbin' buck and member since last month? This isn't the way we treat each other on the green screen---

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            Like everybody else said, it is pretty easy to train them to find them. Just make sure and use sheds and not cut off antlers, the smell you are training for is on the pedicle.
                            That is an excellent point, Adam!!

Comment

Easy! First thing I was thinking, was he was going to keep the dog in a shed! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X