TPWD Draw Hunts Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Draw Hunts Survey

Hey everyone, let your voice be heard. Takes less than 5 minutes. I suggested that non-residents should be required to purchase a license in order to apply. You say what you think. What do you suggest they change?
    Anyway, here it is.

I dont even bother putting in for them anymore. I got ZERO chance to be drawn.

Comment

Thanks. This has been sitting on my counter for more than a month now. This makes it way easier than the paper copy.

I agree with the fee for non-residents. I wonder how much money the TPWD would lose by doing that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
        Hey everyone, let your voice be heard. Takes less than 5 minutes. I suggested that non-residents should be required to purchase a license in order to apply. You say what you think. What do you suggest they change?
        Anyway, here it is.

https://survey.tpwd.state.tx.us/Take...e=govdelivery#
        Do that many non-residents apply that it impacts the system and requires the change?

Comment

Of the 5-6 I’ve been drawn out on I’ve seen several out of staters. So I would say yes. If I have to pay $140 to apply in Oklahoma (because my $280 deer tag isn’t enough) then they should have to pay to play as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
            Anyway, here it is.

https://survey.tpwd.state.tx.us/Take...e=govdelivery#
            Thanks. I completed it. Made a similar comment that Texas should have a reciprocal policy with other states. Texas should charge other state's hunters the same as that state charges a Texas hunter to apply.

Comment

I told them disabled vets should be exhausted before anyone else gets a chance

Comment

I told them that I was happy with the system as it is

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                  I told them that I was happy with the system as it is
                  Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                    I dont even bother putting in for them anymore. I got ZERO chance to be drawn.
                    I like the way you think, it is a big waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      I like the way you think, it is a big waste of time

Comment

It's a good system. I like the random draw because you can get lucky any year.

Comment

One application per category.
                          Forgot to add non residents should buy hunting lisence first. Also they should not get to apply for tags there are only a few of. ( mule deer pronghorn and bighorn).

Comment

Non-residents should be required to by a license and be limited to a certain percentage of tags. That's what every other western state does. I'm also not in favor of being able to apply to several hunts within a given category, but I recognize some people really like that.

Texas has very little public land and the public hunting opportunities are slim at best. There are a bunch of properties in the TPWD portfolio that aren't even open to hunting. The whole system is flawed.

Comment

Said the same for non residents. Also would like to see better draw odds for youth hunters. I have put my daughter in two years in a row and nada.

Comment

Working...
                              X