Smoke Vension Sausage sticker shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Vension Sausage sticker shock

Took some trim in from last year to have sausage made.

Well, I think the prices have finally made it that my lazy hiney is going to look at making my own going forward.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Bellville product, but $350 for 54lbs of product is just a little too steep going forward for my cheap self.

Just warning everyone, prices have substantially risen for sausage, just like everything else in life these days.

Dang, I don't blame ya.
    Ain't that kinda like $6.50 or so, a pound. ??
    I ain't great at math..

Comment

I make my own or just buy venison pork sausage links at HEB or Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Well, I think the prices have finally made it that my lazy hiney is going to look at making my own going forward.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Bellville product, but $350 for 54lbs of product is just a little too steep going forward for my cheap self.

Just warning everyone, prices have substantially risen for sausage, just like everything else in life these days.
        If you will learn to do it yourself you’ll never look back. For what you just spent you can rig out and be done with the insane pricing. There’s no justification for that price. I buy a lot of pork, beef and seafood weekly. Not enough inventory increase to charge 6.50 per pound. If they added pork 50/50 you paid for 27 pounds of pork @ 2.00 per pound plus their mark up. The rest was just labor.
        Last edited by Gumbo Man; 09-25-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

My cousin that owns a processing facility just told me last night that the fat he buys to make sausage with has gone from $.80/lb to over $2

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
            My cousin that owns a processing facility just told me last night that the fat he buys to make sausage with has gone from $.80/lb to over $2
            Funny you say this, because they sold me some fat for some grind I was going to do on my own for $ 0.99/lb. I doubt they would sell it at a loss.

Comment

Something is off on that price. I just picked up 86 lbs at Bellville and my price was $380 and got 3 different flavors

Comment

It’s easy to diy once you have the equipment. I’ve been making my own for 4-5 years now. Mine may not be as good as Praseks but it’s good enough. Lol. I always thought Belleville products were overhyped and overpriced anyway.

Comment

Crazy. I make my own cept the twizzler sticks

Comment

Funny you say this, because they sold me some fat for some grind I was going to do on my own for $ 0.99/lb. I doubt they would sell it at a loss.

I believe he got a better deal when he ordered 1600lbs of it. And that could have just been his original supplier so I'm sure he's shopping around

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                      Something is off on that price. I just picked up 86 lbs at Bellville and my price was $380 and got 3 different flavors
                      I got 2 different flavors, 27lbs each chipotle and jap/cheese. $100 depot, $236.71 due upon pick up. That included TTL. Was picked up this last Monday, dropped off the Wednesday before that. I was surprised by the $20 processing fee, as I brought them pre-cut trim pieces. They had never charged me this when I brought it in that way.

This is in alignment with their pricing online. I just didn’t run the numbers correctly in my head when I dropped off. I figured it would run about $250 total. I was a little shocked when I was told the remaining balance.

There isn’t a smoked sausage option on their sheet now that is in line with the $4.40/lb you paid. You got a deal!

Last edited by Greenheadless; 09-25-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        It’s easy to diy once you have the equipment. I’ve been making my own for 4-5 years now. Mine may not be as good as Praseks but it’s good enough. Lol. I always thought Belleville products were overhyped and overpriced anyway.
                        Not over hyped by any means, just now overpriced.

Comment

Not over hyped by any means, just now overpriced.

I stopped by there and bought several flavors of their sausage, didn’t really care for it, texture was off and flavor wasn’t anything special. I say overhyped because it is hyped up pretty good. That’s just my personal opinion, I know people that love it.

Comment

Working...
                          X