Need serious advice about dieing w/o a will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Reminds me I need to make one out for what little I have, mainly was going with the second hand lions policy, “the nephew gets it all, just bury me out there by the stupid cur dogs…” [emoji2371][emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Getting a will is like insurance. It sucks paying for insurance, but you’ll pay more if you don’t have it when you need it.

Paying for a will is cheaper than what your heirs will have to pay (out of your estate) an attorney if you die without one, generally speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Felony
      Of what? If the rightful heirs make up the will and agree 100%, they aren't cheating any one. They are getting what is rightfully theirs and not paying some bloodsucking lawyer to get what they would've gotten in the first place. And, a whole lot faster. Again, will someone tell me who is going to file charges in this instance because no one has done so yet, just childish name calling.

You all know, this is a racket set up by lawyers to benefit lawyers and judges who are also bloodsucking lawyers themselves. I hate all lawyers, even my own.

Comment

Lawyer up estate lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          Of what? If the rightful heirs make up the will and agree 100%, they aren't cheating any one. They are getting what is rightfully theirs and not paying some bloodsucking lawyer to get what they would've gotten in the first place. And, a whole lot faster. Again, will someone tell me who is going to file charges in this instance because no one has done so yet, just childish name calling.

You all know, this is a racket set up by lawyers to benefit lawyers and judges who are also bloodsucking lawyers themselves. I hate all lawyers, even my own.
          I’d put you on ignore if you weren’t so dang entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            I’d put you on ignore if you weren’t so dang entertaining.
            So, you just can't answer the question is what you're saying. Ignore? Lol.

Comment

So, you just can't answer the question is what you're saying. Ignore? Lol.
              Correct. I can’t answer any questions about lawyers, judges, probate, or the Estates Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                Correct. I can’t answer any questions about lawyers, judges, probate, or the Estates Code.
                I'm saving this quote for my eventual malpractice suit.....

Comment

One more time, follow me, there is no will in the OP's first post. Let's stay on point. And no he shouldn't make up a will. I typed this really slow too.

Comment

ok, how are you going to prove it's invalid.

Be careful what you ask for.
                    He. Plus probably write a book about it since it is his chosen profession and all

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                      One more time, follow me, there is no will in the OP's first post. Let's stay on point. And no he shouldn't make up a will. I typed this really slow too.
                      Duh. If there was a will, there would be no need to make up one. Because there is no will, the state determines who gets what, some lawyer gets hugely paid, and it takes a very long time to settle.
                      My point in this specific type of case where there is no will and the one or two rightful heirs agree 100%, is that before allowing the state taking over and deciding what should go where, they draw up a simple will, sign it, file it, probate it in court and get the possessions they were rightfully intended for, without the huge lawyer fees and court cost, not to mention the quickness in which it is finalized, 6 months vs 4 years.
                      The only person that loses out in this situation is the bloodsucking lawyer that doesnt get his huge fee. People on this thread admitted to tens of thousands of dollars in fees, even up to 40k besides waiting a long time and getting what they would have got originally, less the fees. It is a huge scam by lawyers for lawyers. It doesn't have to be that way.

Comment

Duh. If there was a will, there would be no need to make up one. Because there is no will, the state determines who gets what, some lawyer gets hugely paid, and it takes a very long time to settle.
                        My point in this specific type of case where there is no will and the one or two rightful heirs agree 100%, is that before allowing the state taking over and deciding what should go where, they draw up a simple will, sign it, file it, probate it in court and get the possessions they were rightfully intended for, without the huge lawyer fees and court cost, not to mention the quickness in which it is finalized, 6 months vs 4 years.
                        The only person that loses out in this situation is the bloodsucking lawyer that doesnt get his huge fee. People on this thread admitted to tens of thousands of dollars in fees, even up to 40k besides waiting a long time and getting what they would have got originally, less the fees. It is a huge scam by lawyers for lawyers. It doesn't have to be that way.

So you are recommending fraud, forgery, and lying to the court. I’ve seen some bad advice on this forum but this is shocking.

Now, the heirs ( as long as all are included) have the right to draw up a family settlement agreement and decide how the estate should be distributed, but to recommend forging a will is just so bad I don’t know where to begin.

Comment

I am sorry to hurt your feelings, fellow, but fraud is not the case here. No one is getting cheated here. Also, when there is no will, the State decides who gets what, not some family agreement, and it will takes years and lots of lawyer fees to distribute less than what is rightfully due to the heirs.
                          Again, who would file chages in the above scenerio?

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                            So you are recommending fraud, forgery, and lying to the court. I’ve seen some bad advice on this forum but this is shocking.

Now, the heirs ( as long as all are included) have the right to draw up a family settlement agreement and decide how the estate should be distributed, but to recommend forging a will is just so bad I don’t know where to begin.

I don't understand this level of stupidity, but you have to respect his commitment to it. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                              I will tell you from current experience even a will can be contested and may require probate. MIL recently passed and my poor wife is having to go through probate for a few accounts. Thankfully she was added to some accounts and policies so those were unaffected. That seems to be the key add whomever you plan on leaving something to on that account/policy and have proof it was completed. Bank of America never added her at my MILs request and it’s been a pita. Also consider a trust to accompany the will of you have more than just a few things. Hopefully we will be done with this mess in a few months. Best of luck!
                              My wife and her 3 sisters are going through this. One sister no one has seen for 35 years. We have 1 lawyer and we are paying her.
                              Wife's twin is the executor and is doing a good job with a complicated mess. I am thinking first of the year it will be done....................

Comment

I am sorry to hurt your feelings, fellow, but fraud is not the case here. No one is getting cheated here. Also, when there is no will, the State decides who gets what, not some family agreement, and it will takes years and lots of lawyer fees to distribute less than what is rightfully due to the heirs.
                                Again, who would file chages in the above scenerio?
                                You should get together with this guy...y'all seem to have the same outlook on fraud and forgery:

A Tom Green County judge ordered San Angelo businessman Ray Castro Zapata to pay $1.8 million to the estate of the late John Edward Sullivan, 77.

To the OP: it is a hard to follow the fact pattern you laid out...one of the primary benefits of sitting down with a lawyer is that they can sort through the facts, ask you a few questions, and get a grasp on exactly who owns what and who potentially has a valid claim. That is not easy to do in a post (and is one of the primary reasons the attorneys on here don't give legal advice on here). Based on what you stated, I think you could arrange a consultation with a probate/estate planning attorney and have a good understanding of what you are looking at in 30 minutes.

All of the other advice on here that "the state decides" or that it's going to cost you $40k is wrong or misguided.

Comment

Working...
                                X