Won't do that again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't do that again.

You ever make a mistake that makes an immediate impact on how you do things? I forgot to out the strap in the back of the truck. Had to back up to get out of the parking lot.

Anyone have advice? Would like a replacement but not sure what options are out there. Anyone have any extra one they want to sell? May go by some junk yards tomorrow.

Attached Files

Comment

Say what?

Comment

Pictures helped. I was confused for a minute.

Comment

Ouch.

The pictures explain what the issue was/is.

Comment

Facebook marketplace had a sea of tailgates for sale

Comment

Dang that sucks, check the ram forums

Comment

A buddy did something similar, I was towing his car with my truck. We were using my tow strap. When I slowed down for a stop sign, he was not on the brakes hard enough and got to close to my truck, resulting in a lot of slack in the tow strap. He ran over the tow strap with his right front tire. I don't remember where the trap was hooked. But it about ripped the front end off of his car, when he ran over the strap. I heard a bang and saw his car jerk, but he was still 20 ft. behind my truck, so I was baffled as to what happened, until we got to the shop. It bent the core support and ripped the front bumper cover. I think it broke the header panel also. It sounded like he ran into something, but there was nothing for him to run into.

Note to self, don't run over the strap when it's hooked to your vehicle.

Comment

Yeah no joke I heard a huge crunch and it felt like I was falling off the back end of the parking lot or went into a huge pothole.

Comment

"Fixed!"

Found one off a texting and driving truck. Going to change out the emblem, but everything worked out great...
                    Attached Files

Comment

What was that blue machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you got it fixed.I tore my tailgate up last week,some one at lease lowered it to get something I backed up to get out of way and trailer jack reconfigured how tailgate operates.If truck wasn’t new I’d just go with a 2x12,hopefully I can pick one up I have a white Dodge 3/4 ton if any one has a spare

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          What was that blue machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It was a wood chipper i rented to mulch up some branches off a tree in my yard and my MIL's tree i trimmed.

Comment

Worst one like that I've seen was a 4 wheeler in the bed. The tag end of the strap on the front of the wheeler got down between the bed and cab and got wrapped up around the driveshaft. It was ugly, dang near totaled the truck.

Comment

Working...
                            X