ETX Public Land - opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
    Maintain roads, signs, trails, wildlife openings and monitor access points better.... Percentage of APH permits should go towards these things. IMHO, the state of Texas would much rather see hunters spend their money hunting with ranched/outfitters to than to spend excess funds on public land upgrades. Again, the ramblings of an ol'man who sees a conspiracy around every corner.... Lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    All good points!
    Honestly, I was afraid you was gonna say “allow atv use to everyone “, ! Lol
    Can’t tell you how many times I hear people complain about access or “lack there of”. Those people think if they could just drive a little deeper it would help them kill something. Fact is it would make it worse and harder on everyone else. Imo

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
      All good points!

Honestly, I was afraid you was gonna say “allow atv use to everyone “, ! Lol

Can’t tell you how many times I hear people complain about access or “lack there of”. Those people think if they could just drive a little deeper it would help them kill something. Fact is it would make it worse and harder on everyone else. Imo
      Some of the access roads get gutted out or washed out from just a little rain. My biggest complaint is the lack of signage or paint on the borders and property lines. Also, maintaining gates. Folks cut holes in the gates then ride ATV's and dirt bikes onto the areas. Foolishness

Comment

I wonder how the situation changed after last year since all the young "bucks" should be back at work. The woods were covered up with young men with new gear. Good luck out there.

Comment

Honest truth. I've only seen another hunter a field 3 times in 14 years deer hunting on public land. Met a lot of folks in the parking. One of those times 2 college kids help drag my deer out...[emoji23]

Comment

Usually I see the same but last year was a little different for me. I hunt and fish during the week and am used to seeing no-one. While I only seen one hunter actually near a spot I was deer hunting I seen someone else in the parking lots more than a few times. Now duck hunting was even worse.

Comment

Yeah, I hunt during the week as well... Almost like having your own private lease....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
              X