No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf bite was violent a week ago in Port A. Caught a double limit and missed about that many more. Released them all.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      Man that'll make you say bad words.

We got on them again last night with another 20"+. 1fish short of our limit, but we were tired. Saw more flounder last night than I have in a long time. 40+ fish I would imagine.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
      I saw some really big groups on the move in the back lakes this weekend. Hard to catch moving flounder on a rod and reel. Hopefully it picks up in my area. You stuck some good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        I saw some really big groups on the move in the back lakes this weekend. Hard to catch moving flounder on a rod and reel. Hopefully it picks up in my area. You stuck some good ones.
        I've been on them pretty heavy for a month and a half or so and biggest fish was 17 1/2"ish up until Friday. Friday had a 22"+ sat, sun, and last night all had 20"-21"+ fish. May be the very beginning of some fish starting to move out.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          A couple of good mornings in POC. Fished Saturday and Monday. Really good topwater bite both days early. Didn’t fish past 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That’s pretty healthy! I’m sure y’all had fun.

Comment

Fishing pics looking good fellers, congrats everyone! I'm gonna try to squeeze in one more trip before we start hunting.

Comment

Got a couple over slots that got to swim free. I ran into a school of 28-30 incher's. The old black and white paddle tails are still gettin em.
              Attached Files

Comment

How'd the Sargent area fair the storm? Headed there next week.

Comment

Not well at my place. There's a lot of stuff tore up. It caught a lot of us flat footed that's for sure.

Comment

We have a place in Sargent, overall I would say ok but it did take a bad beating. By next weekend 9/25 should be back up and running.

Comment

Anybody know about beach road in Matagorda? We had a house booked this weekend just south of Rawlings. Was going to give them today to assess damage and call them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                        Got a couple over slots that got to swim free. I ran into a school of 28-30 incher's. The old black and white paddle tails are still gettin em.
                        I guess you found another motor and havent heard anything about the one that got jacked?

Theres video of people driving around in sargent. Not sure on power

Comment

Yea I over paid for a 2019 Mercury 25hp 4 stroke. I had to re-prop-it and some minor repairs. It wasn't my first choice but it was available. I had a new shed blown off the blocks at my place in Sargent and I'm not sure of the damage. I'm sure it's nothing I can't fix.

Comment

Cabin two down from our place got hit. I haven't been down there to inspect yet. I'm told all we lost was some panels from our roof platform.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hope it works out well for you. I know how your feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                Cabin two down from our place got hit. I haven't been down there to inspect yet. I'm told all we lost was some panels from our roof platform.

A friend (Chip is the guys that has a house down there) of a friend has a house down there, and he sent this pic out of that house. Maybe a small tornado or just a strong gust did it in?

Comment

Working...
                                X