Floating dock builds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating dock builds?

Any of y’all done a floating dock? Wanting to build one for the tank and I need some inspiration!

There’s a guy on here who builds docks for a living. I can’t remember his username, but it’s 3 letters(DRT maybe), and his first name is Gary, as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
      Any of y’all done a floating dock? Wanting to build one for the tank and I need some inspiration!
      Same. Id like a moveable fishing dock on the creek…some huckleberry finn type ****. I think Dale is right that DRT builds docks. Im in for your query results.

Ive already been formulating framing some sealed foam blocks. I got a foam block supplier contact for Central Texas and a carpenter and a welder. I think I just need to put pencil to paper and pull the trigger.

What really peaks my interest is the modular docking systems used commonly up north where they cant fixture in the lake and barely along the shore.

Good luck MrRubber
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-15-2021, 10:11 PM. Reason: ModularDockSpake

Comment

I've built several up to marina size. Really pretty easy. Small angle box framed with the foam under and wood screwed down on top.

Comment

Here's one I built for myself 4 years ago, and it's still going strong.

Comment

Ask you tube or pinteress...they oughta have plenty ideas/inspiration

Comment

My buddy built one that simply sits on the blue 55 gallon plastic drums. It's fairly small, only about 10x12 or so. It is attached to some fabbed hinges on his bulkhead with a 12-15' walkway out to it. I've seen it anywhere from sitting on the mud in extreme low tide to the ramp being completely vertical during a flood. It is on the San Bernard.

Comment

Working...
              X