MGM stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM stock

Got in low a year or so ago when covid hit. I am up 226% currently and the stock is well above it's 3 yr high. Should I be happy and take my money, or are yall seeing this thing continue to climb? Think I read somewhere that it's target price is $44.

Noone ever lost money taking a profit, and timing the market perfectly is pretty **** hard. Maybe it will run, but it also has downside risk. You have to ask yourself which you think is more likely - it goes up more or it goes down more. That should help answer your question. Analyst price targets still are speculative, some stocks never hit a price target and some blow through a price target (I'm a former stock analyst myself and spent a good bit of time working in the stock market). No matter what, a 200%+ trade is a GREAT outcome.
    Last edited by GWilly; 04-28-2021, 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

On any individual stock, you need to define your entry and exit points, while adjusting for "new" information or changes in circumstances.

Comment

Also tax implications should be considered. You would need to hold the stock for over a year for it to be considered a long-term capital gain. Based on when it sounds like you got in you are probably close to that threshold and it being taxed at a lower amount.

Comment

Similar with alot of my stocks, Halliburton for example. Bought around $7 or so, it is up to $20 a share. Was well over $40 a few years ago. Thinking about holding out for the next big oil bump.

Comment

Maybe sell some and keep some? Lock in some profits while keeping some shares if it keeps going. Put a stop loss a few dollars before the current price on the shares you keep so that you don't suffer a loss on them.

Comment

Isnt the capital gains going way up this year?

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                Isnt the capital gains going way up this year?
                Not the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Not the same thing
                  Clearly I didnt say it was. However it will effect profit.

Comment

Its sometimes fun to take out your initial investment and let the house money run.

Comment

I've only played in the market a couple times when it crashed in 2008 and 2020. I don't do this for long term retirement purposes. Just trying to make a quick buck when it tanked. I'm perfectly happy with the return on this one and think I'm going to go ahead and take my money to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                        I've only played in the market a couple times when it crashed in 2008 and 2020. I don't do this for long term retirement purposes. Just trying to make a quick buck when it tanked. I'm perfectly happy with the return on this one and think I'm going to go ahead and take my money to the bank.
                        Yes. If you are not going long cash out

Comment

I did the same thing but sold when I hit 100%. I told myself early on I would be happy to double my money.

Comment

sell enough to cover your cost plus 20% return. let the rest ride!

make sure you held > 365 days for long term gains treatment. If you have some dog stocks with unrealized losses, then sell those to offset your gains. if you want some of those dog stocks to recover, no worries, you can rebuy after 31 days and write off the full loss in this tax year. knowing the rules can really pay off!

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              Clearly I didnt say it was. However it will effect profit.
                              If he makes more then 1 mil a year yes

Comment

Working...
                              X