Succesful Elk Hunt in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
    That’s awesome!! Life is too short to worry what others think. You and your Dad had an incredible hunt and that’s all that matters. Congrats to you both!!

Exactly!! Congrats on the hunt for both of y’all.

Comment

brownchristian, I meant no disrespect. I just recognized the background and the type of elk rack, their outfit is pretty well known around up here.
      You took an awesome bull and I hope your Dad had an outstanding hunt and good time.

I find their hog hunts to be a joke though and can't help but wonder why CPW allows them to bring in "feral" hogs for hunting. We all know what can happen if just a few escape their pasture.

Again, sorry sir if I came across as disparaging to your hunt.
      Would love to see you and your Dad up in Wyoming on a nice ranch hunt, there are some great hunts around in general areas that are almost a guarantee harvest. Draw tags but general licenses are about 2-3 PP.

Comment

Good lord that's a giant!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          brownchristian, I meant no disrespect. I just recognized the background and the type of elk rack, their outfit is pretty well known around up here.
          You took an awesome bull and I hope your Dad had an outstanding hunt and good time.

I find their hog hunts to be a joke though and can't help but wonder why CPW allows them to bring in "feral" hogs for hunting. We all know what can happen if just a few escape their pasture.

Again, sorry sir if I came across as disparaging to your hunt.
          Would love to see you and your Dad up in Wyoming on a nice ranch hunt, there are some great hunts around in general areas that are almost a guarantee harvest. Draw tags but general licenses are about 2-3 PP.
          You have made an incorrect assumption about the ranch these were taken.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
            Guys I am not going to give many details about the hunt as I really don't want to hear the opinions on the harvest. I am happy with the outcome. I took my 67 year old father with me and he harvested a 371 inch bull and took the hunt off his bucket list.

My bull scored 506 6/8. Make any assumptions you want on the hunt. I stalked the animal for over 3 miles and several hours.

I am proud to have shot the animal and in my book that is all that matters.

You can ponder about the rest.

Congrats on a stud and glad you and your dad got to hunt together.

On to the next bucket list item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a stud
              I dont care who you are.. I'm a strictly public land guy but I'd pay to have an opportunity at that bull any day if I could pull it off

Congrats on a once in a lifetime experience

Comment

I think I’d have some sort of accident in my pants if I was able to see one, let alone had an opportunity to take a bull like that! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats that is awesome bull

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
                    You have made an incorrect assumption about the ranch these were taken.

Then again I apologize.
                    I asked was it Severson and got no response so I did make an assumption based on pics from their website and knowledge I have of that outfit.
                    Wondering still if it was high fenced ? I have hunted high fence outfits , no judgement here on your harvest just wanting to know the story.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                      Then again I apologize.
                      I asked was it Severson and got no response so I did make an assumption based on pics from their website and knowledge I have of that outfit.
                      Wondering still if it was high fenced ? I have hunted high fence outfits , no judgement here on your harvest just wanting to know the story.
                      I'm sure it was high fenced and that is why he won't comment further. To each their own I guess but people shouldn't post these pics and act like it was a real hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                        I'm sure it was high fenced and that is why he won't comment further. To each their own I guess but people shouldn't post these pics and act like it was a real hunt.
                        In his defense, he said it was a harvest.

For real though, I think most people just want to know how your hunt went. Elk aren't easy to kill, and sharing your adventure is what keeps everyone that didn't get one this year going.
                        Last edited by Palmetto; 10-26-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Gun or bow? I assume gun?

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post

Perhaps people shouldn’t comment and pretend like they know the difference. Your “real hunt” comment makes you sound like a real “dick”. He had fun, entertained his dad and killed a big bull. You should just say congrats and not make yourself look like a ****.

Congrats, Christian!

Comment

That’s a great bull! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Perhaps people shouldn’t comment and pretend like they know the difference. Your “real hunt” comment makes you sound like a real “dick”. He had fun, entertained his dad and killed a big bull. You should just say congrats and not make yourself look like a ****.

Congrats, Christian!

Ha whatever are you seriously gonna say a high fence hunt is the same as a public land fair chase elk hunt?

Comment

Working...
                                X