Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman and TPWD

So.................

If Hagerman is going to TPWD for drawn hunts in 2020 then why is there no hunt listed on the TPWD Spring turkey category ?

Or am I missing something?

We're in the 2019 - 2020 draw hunts. Will probably start in the 2020 - 2021 draw hunts.

Comment

Either that or H will just quit doing hunts, internally there seems to be some angry feelings about the forced change and to some of the rules.
      Last edited by bossbowman; 07-20-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Call the refuge and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by SamSowell View Post
          We're in the 2019 - 2020 draw hunts. Will probably start in the 2020 - 2021 draw hunts.
          Yup

Comment

Was told the other day next yr u can use crossbow out there.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by SamSowell View Post
                Turkey hunt and hog hunt are spring of 2020, and they were both supposed to be through TPWD

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                  yup

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                    I don't have one. The allure of Hagerman was a tough hunt, not a walk in the park. You could always use one with a disability, and I would agree with younguns, those that may not be able to pull a ethical bow. But just to open it up to a guy that stops by Cabelas on the way to the H, I'm not a fan of.

Comment

Probably won't need bowhunter certification or proficient test. Oh, and you will see a lot of yahoos wounding a lot of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                        Probably won't need bowhunter certification or proficient test. Oh, and you will see a lot of yahoos wounding a lot of deer.
                        According to the refuge they will continue to require bowhunter ed and proficiency testing if the hunts continue. If they would move seg A back into october that would at least give one segment without easy bows for everyone. You still can't use crossbows in archery only season in the 4 archery only counties in the state without a medical waiver, after general season starts anyone can. If there are a bunch of them I could also see them designating just one of the units for those that want to use crossbows, they kinda do that for the pig hunt, those that want to use shotguns and muzzleloaders are designated to certain units.

Comment

Working...
                        X