What to expect? Before, during and after the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    Put another way, the length of the wound channel is more important than the width of the entry wound. All things being equal a two blade should give you a better chance at two leaking holes.
    Yes but I get both so best of both worlds. With the draw weight he's shooting he could too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Yes but I get both so best of both worlds. With the draw weight he's shooting he could too.

I was being a little snarky, cause I helped Briar track a deer shot with one of those narrow two blades... worst blood trail I've ever seen. I draw 32" so I really don't have horsepower issues. Like Gary, I can get the best of both worlds!

Oops... shoulda been quoting Jerp there.
      Last edited by Trumpkin; 09-28-2021, 06:29 AM. Reason: quoted wrong person

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

so a 3 blade is your recommendation as well?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
          I like 3 blades, 4 blades, and wide 2 blades. I'm really skeptical that a well tuned arrow out of a 40 lb recurve bow wouldn't get through the offside ribs on a whitetail with any of the above if it's razor sharp. But if your draw is short, and arrow speeds low (152 is kinda low), then a wide (1.5") 2 blade or a standard 2 blade with bleeders(think Magnus Stinger) that's razor sharp would be my pick. Ever think about how narrow the chest cavity is on a Texas whitetail? You need like 8" of penetration to reach the offside ribs on a broadside center/center body cavity shot.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
            Nope. Don't like em. In fixed or mechanical.
            Most people can't get them adequately sharp and most of them still have a narrow cutting diameter.

Comment

Working...
            X