Mission hype DTX by Mathews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission hype DTX by Mathews

Does anyone have any experience with this bow at all I have recently purchased one and it will be here about Friday the 11th and was wondering what is necessary to upgrade from what I read its a 2017 mission hype DTX and retailed for 825$ but I have also seen it for 599$ I found mine on ebay in great condition for 239.99$ so it was a steal it was on ebay for a total of 3 hours when I bought it what should I expect and what should be replaced?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would swear I replied to this last night...

The hype is a grow-with-you bow, meaning it has a large draw length and draw weight adjustment range. They are meant to be a small framed archer bow or beginner bow.

As such, it will not be very fast and without limb stops it has a very generous valley and mushy backwall; neither of those are relatively bad things. It just means you need a great anchor and well tuned draw length.

You should inspect everything, check the cams for nicks and burrs, check the string for wear and give everything a general look over for abuse, excessive wear and neglect.

I would replace the string on any used bow, but you can make that determination when you inspect the string.

Don't expect flagship performance, but it will get the job done.

Comment

Working...
    X