Simmons broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simmons broadheads

Just got these in the mail. I’d imagine whatever gets stuck won’t like it.. just gotta figure out how to sharpen them now, My arrow should be ~540 gr with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to use Simmons Landsharks for years and loved them. But they changed up the design with less "bell curve" to them and I never felt like they performed as well. Easy to resharpen and tough heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I used to use Simmons Landsharks for years and loved them. But they changed up the design with less "bell curve" to them and I never felt like they performed as well. Easy to resharpen and tough heads.

How did you sharpen them? What kind of performance issues did you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man I have been shooting them for a few years now. Shot the 165 Landsharks on Safari in 16’, shot a Pope and Young WT in between and the 175 Tigers on Safari this past June. The performance on large Plains Game (Kudu, Gemsbok and WB) was without flaw. Love the heads, nothing bad to say about them, nothing at all. I use their crock stick sharpener as it’s the best for the concave blade, I also use it on other edged items as well. Lots of other guys use a variety of methods but I feel it’s the best option for a hair popping edge. The different angles allow for you to properly draw a burr then pop it.

You’ll be much more happy than my Golden WB was with the performance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And just for the record, that’s an entry. And to clarify even further not a wide cut due to an angled impact, that’s straight broadside. The CA 4 finger should help give a little perspective....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X