No announcement yet.

9/15 draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious as to how TPWD actually conducts the draws. Usually the draws are always conducted between 10am to 2pm the day after and take a few hours for the bigger days like today. It can't be that hard to write a little program to conduct all the draws within a few minutes.

Comment

Kinda stacked the the # of draws on 9/15 huh, hopefully no Fort Boggy screw ups that delay things like in the past

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
      It can't be that hard to write a little program to conduct all the draws within a few minutes.
      Its not, the people in charge of the TX draws are inept

Comment

I am curious as to how TPWD actually conducts the draws. Usually the draws are always conducted between 10am to 2pm the day after and take a few hours for the bigger days like today. It can't be that hard to write a little program to conduct all the draws within a few minutes.
        I like to picture a huge rolling barrel with a guy standing on top of the stairs reaching deep within pulling out my golden ticket and saying the name out loud wearing a top hat. Much more dramatic that way

Comment

How much money should TPWD spend on this IT upgrade so you can find out your results 3 hours faster? I am sure there is a computer generated draw, but they likely need to verify it performed correctly, notify all the WMA's of the draw applicants, give the applicants access to get the tag, update the points database. Lots of moving parts, If they can get it done today and not take 2 weeks, I'm good with that timeline. Already waited a month for this draw.

Comment

I'm ready for my email to let me where I'm gonna get to hunt. ��

Comment

As a State agency they outsource most of their work with contracts awarded from solicitations. Here is a list of their current open bids: https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/bido...opportunities/ . Its a good way to return tax dollars to the community and ensures that the most qualified company is awarded the contract. The service is only as good as the committee that managed the RFP process. Unfortunately, this one is not so good. Write the program and register with them, they rebid services every 3 to 5 years. Get HUB certified and you have a really good shot at winning. (I manage contracts for a different State agency.)

Comment

Why does TPWD also send me an e-mail on draw day that is news update and nothing with the draw. I get excited then bummed in about a 2 second swing.

Comment

A few years ago there were some issues with some of the draw results, can't remember what exactly. After that the draws started going later in the morning. I figured the draws are done and there's some sort of approval review by TPWD staff prior to sending out results so as to avoid any problems. I'm guessing the draws are automated but the approval is a real human, which is likely a good idea. How else are they going to be sure their buddies get inserted in the winners every year? lol j/k

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                  Why does TPWD also send me an e-mail on draw day that is news update and nothing with the draw. I get excited then bummed in about a 2 second swing.
                  lmao yep such a tease.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    How else are they going to be sure their buddies get inserted in the winners every year? lol j/k

lmao yep such a tease.
                    We don't have to worry about that unless Hidalgo takes over the drawing

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      A few years ago there were some issues with some of the draw results, can't remember what exactly. After that the draws started going later in the morning. I figured the draws are done and there's some sort of approval review by TPWD staff prior to sending out results so as to avoid any problems. I'm guessing the draws are automated but the approval is a real human, which is likely a good idea. How else are they going to be sure their buddies get inserted in the winners every year? lol j/k

lmao yep such a tease.
                      Your kidding but I have good reason to believe this has happened

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Your kidding but I have good reason to believe this has happened
                        All good jokes usually have a little bit of truth to them. I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I wonder... if someone has 15 points in an application so they get 3,375 entries. Could they get drawn twice or three times? If ... IF the computer does happen to do that, maybe.... maybe.. a person throws out the duplicates and fills in manually with another person.

Comment

Starting to get some movement in youth categories.

Comment

Draws have started (for youth anyway)

Comment

Pending 2nd for all Lola’s hunts..

Comment

Working...
                                X