No announcement yet.

Camper stolen!! TBH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so does the owner have insurance to cover my belongings ? Since they advertise surveillance are they liable?

Owner said they had some other stuff stolen 3 weeks ago and that’s why they know cameras are broken because they had to go thru footage recently and there wasn’t any…

Camper was insured and it’s no biggie but all of our personal stuff being stolen is what stinks

Comment

Ok. Find out the process for filing a claim against his insurance to cover your deductible plus the value of personal property. It’s a good idea to video your home and shop from stem to stern describing furniture, tools , etc for cases like this.

Comment

I call BS on the cameras being out three weeks. It’s their job to ensure they’re all working as past of the security. Likely it’ll be, “The hard drive” stopped.

Comment

Strange , the same thing happened at a storage facility here in Willis. Started with boat batteries and electronics then on to Rv's. Owners of said storage had the same excuse about the cameras not working. I'm almost positive that the individuals involved got together and sued the facility. You might try digging around , I bet your RV is not the only thing that has been stolen there.

Comment

I’ve had 2 of my clients RV stolen from storage places in the last month. Neither were recovered. The shortage has created a high demand and high resale. The crooks are taking advantage of that right now

Comment

Hate a thief.

I looked at these yesterday and I am sure thinking hard about getting one for the camper.

Comment

They must use the same security cameras that they had on Epstien.

I’m with the crowd that says inside job. Either the owner of the storage lot or one of his employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear they got you. Around here the tweekers rent a spot in the facility to gain 24/7 access then victimize the other renters. They do this citywide.

Comment

Sorry to hear this! I hope they catch them and throw them in jail!

Comment

On the bright side...congrats on the sale [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                        Ok so does the owner have insurance to cover my belongings ? Since they advertise surveillance are they liable?

Owner said they had some other stuff stolen 3 weeks ago and that’s why they know cameras are broken because they had to go thru footage recently and there wasn’t any…

Camper was insured and it’s no biggie but all of our personal stuff being stolen is what stinks
                        If you have a homeowners policy, the 10% extension of coverage away from premises should give you coverage for your personal belongings. Problem is, there will be a rather hefty deductible most likely. Let’s say you have $250,000 on your house, your deductible will likely be $2500.

Comment

Some of these comments are why I don't advertise anything about surveillance at our facility. Go back and read your rental agreement.

Comment

Just your common thief. These things are getting stolen like hot cakes around the Brazos valley. From storage units and even straight off dealers lots!

Comment

Terrible!!! Sick of thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post

He is liable unless it is specifically stated in your contract as a disclaimer. Even then, he is likely liable.No doubt he has liability insurance.

Another thing, if you file it on your insurance and recover your deductible, you will owe the amount recovered to your insurance company if they hear about it.
                                Last edited by GarGuy; 07-10-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X