2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Tell me more about the Dewalt battery hookups. I've never heard of that. But see where the lithium would make since they are used on yaks. But think they are on 12v .

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
    I've been reading about it and a lot of guys are using them. My Garmin 8612 can use 10 volts to 32 volts DC. The Livescope is the same, however not all units are the same, so verify this before hooking it up. The 20 volt lithium batteries from power tools are smaller, take much less room and weigh a fraction of a deep cycle battery. They also work with near 100% power until they need recharged. When a 12 bolt battery dropped below about 11 volts, you start having issues with livescope. When a fully charged 12 volt battery starts out so close to the minimum voltage allowed, you don't have to drop much before issues could arise from low voltage. I am going to use 5 or 6 amp hour Dewalt batteries initially because I already have the batteries. However, I already plan to upgrade to larger 12.0 amp hour Milwaukee batteries. You should be able to get just about an hour use for each amp hour.
    I bought group 31 AGM deep cycle batteries from Sam's Club for my trolling motor. Those things are HEAVY. I am guessing they weigh about 80 pounds each. Avoiding adding another 80 pounds to the boat would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wondering about wireing the Dewalt batteries up. I have the 20v-5ah for my 20 XR set.

And I've been doing a lot of research on Lithium deep cycle for the boat. I'm going to buy one for my troller as soon as this 31 Duracell deep cycle wet cell gives up the ghost. I've had it over 5 years now. Should be any day now. But it just don't wanna die.

If your running a 12v on your troller, Dakota Lythium has a deep cycle 160Ah now. Prices have been coming down on the deep cycle lithiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        I've been reading about it and a lot of guys are using them. My Garmin 8612 can use 10 volts to 32 volts DC. The Livescope is the same, however not all units are the same, so verify this before hooking it up. The 20 volt lithium batteries from power tools are smaller, take much less room and weigh a fraction of a deep cycle battery. They also work with near 100% power until they need recharged. When a 12 bolt battery dropped below about 11 volts, you start having issues with livescope. When a fully charged 12 volt battery starts out so close to the minimum voltage allowed, you don't have to drop much before issues could arise from low voltage. I am going to use 5 or 6 amp hour Dewalt batteries initially because I already have the batteries. However, I already plan to upgrade to larger 12.0 amp hour Milwaukee batteries. You should be able to get just about an hour use for each amp hour.
        I bought group 31 AGM deep cycle batteries from Sam's Club for my trolling motor. Those things are HEAVY. I am guessing they weigh about 80 pounds each. Avoiding adding another 80 pounds to the boat would be nice.

can you explain how you physically connect the battery. assume you don't modify the battery. do you alter the battery contacts?

Comment

My goal is to hit a 3lb crappie for the wall this year. I yanked up a 3.2lb'er same time last year and got cocky thinking I could beat that one. So far I am struggling to get anything over 2lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            can you explain how you physically connect the battery. assume you don't modify the battery. do you alter the battery contacts?
            There are several brands, but something like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              My goal is to hit a 3lb crappie for the wall this year. I yanked up a 3.2lb'er same time last year and got cocky thinking I could beat that one. So far I am struggling to get anything over 2lbs.
              3.2 pounds! You might not beat that the rest of your life. Where did you catch it?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I was wondering about wireing the Dewalt batteries up. I have the 20v-5ah for my 20 XR set.

And I've been doing a lot of research on Lithium deep cycle for the boat. I'm going to buy one for my troller as soon as this 31 Duracell deep cycle wet cell gives up the ghost. I've had it over 5 years now. Should be any day now. But it just don't wanna die.

If your running a 12v on your troller, Dakota Lythium has a deep cycle 160Ah now. Prices have been coming down on the deep cycle lithiums.
                I'm going to run these Duracell 31 AGM batteries until they die. Hopefully that will be in 5 years, like yours. By then, the lithium batteries should be much cheaper. Heck, they might even have solid state batteries by then.

Comment

Any tips on when the spawn occurs this year will be greatly appreciated. Ill be fishing Livingston for the first time with fly. Catch them in the shallows with a small streamer. I have a sinking tip line ready.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                    I have always been a bay fisherman. Do you all know a good crappie guide at sam Rayburn or toldeo bend? Would love to take my wife out fishing for some crappie. Never done it before. We have a deer camp near toledo we can stay at reason I mentioned those lakes. I heard they are good eating.
                    Kevin Shivers

Comment

3.2 pounds! You might not beat that the rest of your life. Where did you catch it?

In my neighborhood retention pond! I kept hitting 2.1 -2.7lbers and said when I hit 3 its going on the wall. Then I hit a 3.2 and got greedy

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Nice. Let's see pics of your setup. My biggest advice is do not stare at the screen too long. Just cause you see them doesn't mean they will bite. Best move quickly to find aggressive fish. That 12 inch screen ought a look great!
                        Here you go. I still have one Dewalt battery to wire up, I'll going to the shop to do that in a few minutes.

Comment

Here you go. I still have one Dewalt battery to wire up, I'll going to the shop to do that in a few minutes.

Look at you go Keith

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same pole fomy transducer I wonder if they have one a little longer

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji1787]... hey SFK... where you at?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                [emoji1787][emoji1787]... hey SFK... where you at?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                                Saltwater: Very corrosive
                                Freshwater: It's not!

Saltwater: Can give you a virus that will kill you
                                Freshwater: No such thing

Saltwater: All the fish have big FN teeth
                                Freshwater: Small at best

Saltwater: You feel really nasty at the end of the day
                                Freshwater: Like a fresh spring day

Saltwater: When you Wade fish you have to shuffle your feet are you could get stabbed with a fish
                                Freshwater: This doesn't apply to freshwater

I hope this helps change your mind[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X