• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Dang, thsts some beautiful country. Good luck to both. Do you think there arrowheads off that creek?

Comment

Would live to visit Wyoming one day. Good luck

Comment

Good luck! That’s some beautiful country

Comment

good luck! looking forward to the end report

Comment

Good luck. Bears should be good and fat. Nice Pics.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Good luck!

Comment

Knock em down

Comment

Beautiful country. Staying tuned for updates.

Comment

Back from the hunt and no moose down yet.
                        I'll post some pics later today.
                        Saw 16 moose total, mostly small bulls.
                        I called in a smallish 4 pt right to us, not big enough and I understand that.
                        We go back Oct 7 and husband will fill that tag then, small bull or not.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome. Hope you folks take a moose down...

Comment

Wyoming moose

Arrived Friday afternoon right as the cold front pushed in. It brought some snow flurries and much colder weather.

Next morning we had just a dusting on the ground but much colder, about 19 degrees when we left the cabin.

Much of the hunting is done from the truck, most of the good drainages have roads right along them. We spotted all the moose from these roads.
                            Spouse took a little walk about one morning and saw elk, bighorn ewes and lambs and mule deer, no moose.

I had good luck on grouse, 2 ruffed and 2 blue( dusky) grouse for camp meals. The old Ruger boat paddle .22 did the trick again.

We're going back Oct 7 and leaves will al be down by then and the rut will be on. Calling should work well then, it worked ok this trip.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Part of the area we are hunting was burned about 12 years ago. Now the moose mostly stay on the unburned dark timber side until late fall.

This area is well known for big mule der also but they like the very high jagged peaks, not for me these days. Horses are the way most hunt them.

We did have one nice 5 pt bull elk cross the meadow we were watching right at daylight, it is archery season for them.

We'll set a wall tent camp in Oct for the next hunt, it is bear country- black bears, so we'll have to be careful with food in camp.

Here are some moose we found. 1st two were cows with a yearling. We only saw one cow with a calf. Lots of young bulls but more mature bulls come down from up higher in Oct for the rut. Spouse has already said he will fill his tag on a small bull if it comes to that.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The old cabins are from tie hack camps back in the day. They would build a dam on the creek then float them down with a "big flush" when the water was right.
                                Saw a big badger at these cabins getting a drink in the little creek, no pics though.

My grouse were all right along the road, easy meal for 2.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X