Squirrel & Rabbit Hunting w/ .22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel & Rabbit Hunting w/ .22

I'd like to take my son and daughter squirrel and rabbit hunting and didnt know if there was any public land in the DFW area that would allow .22's.

I know it is a long shot. Whitney and Aquilla only allow shotgun.

Caddo National Grasslands, Pat Mayse, Lake Texoma.... One word of caution... Small game populations are not huge and getting young shooters an opportunity to harvest anything can be challenging.... But, anytime outdoors with the young ones is a great time

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cvan1971man View Post
      I'd like to take my son and daughter squirrel and rabbit hunting and didnt know if there was any public land in the DFW area that would allow .22's.

I know it is a long shot. Whitney and Aquilla only allow shotgun.
      whiteoak has some squirrels. But I would recommend going late season because it can be a little crowded the first month or so.

Comment

can you use .22's at those locations. I looked online but didnt see anything specific. I keep hitting that roadblock for .22's

Comment

Yes, you can on those areas as well as Old Sabine and Gus Engelin.... Not sure how far you're looking to drive

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cvan1971man View Post
            can you use .22's at those locations. I looked online but didnt see anything specific. I keep hitting that roadblock for .22's

Caddo and Mayse are both in the APH book. Check there for yourself whenever you have questions about APH properties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X