Prayer Needed: It's my turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
    Man I'll pray for you but that's great news about you FIL accepted Christ.

I know you are busy but can you elaborate on how that came about. I just enjoy those stories
    Like so many, I never asked if he had accepted Jesus as savior until we found out he was doing worse (not in hospice yet). My wife said MIL was, but FIL was not. Unacceptable! I prepared her for how to present the Lord, she spent a week with him, but she said the chance never really came up.

Well, we had asked the Lord for the Spirit to weigh on him (He can be heavy. Ya know?) not let him die till I got to talk to him. We were both back up there a few weeks later.

He was focused on getting his affairs in order and seeing to my MIL's future, cause he knew his time was getting short. Occasionally, he'd get a bit weepy and telling me he knew he was "not doing well", "didn't have much time", etc. I kept getting interferred with. Being hindered. I prayed against it.

Soon he was emontional again and I asked him what he was worried about, since his kids were all grown and doing well, he had money to care for his wife, and no debt. Said he didn't know. Well I did. "Inside you know what else you need to do. Have you accepted Jesus as your savior?". We chatted a bit, I laid out the gospel, and he said he mubbled "I accept it".

I had to leave the next day, my stayed awhile. She said he started reading the Bible and asking a lot of questions. She said he asked Jesus to be his savior.

I'll admit I had my concerns about his "I accpet it". But he asked Jesus to be is savior. It's a done deal.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family members

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

I will pray for your family.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Father, we know it will soon be homecoming time in Heaven for these saints of yours. We ask Lord that as their races are run and the time comes to begin anew and to be eternally healed of all woes, pains, and burdens, that You take them peacefully and without pain. Give the loved ones left behind peace knowing that once again they too will be reunited with them when it is their time. We look forward to the day that we can be more alive than ever before and see You Lord face to face. Jesus, thank You for saving us through Your ultimate sacrifice, and Father, thank You for giving up Your only Son for us. Lord please comfort our brother as he leads his family through this late season and into the new normal that lies ahead for those left behind temporarily. Give him strength and strengthen the hope that is in him through Your Son Jesus and it is in His name we pray, Amen.
          Amen

Comment

Prayers up!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X