DIY Climbing Sticks and Aider for Public Land Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Climbing Sticks and Aider for Public Land Hunts

Been working on getting more efficient getting up the tree in hopes of drawing Hagerman again...struck out on Archery Deer this year. Just recently tied some amsteel straps and an aider for a buddy so posting up the details here:

Step by Step: How to Replace Your Cam Buckles with Amsteel

Step By Step: How To Tie Your Own Aider

How I Get Up the Tree:
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmoL6u8Xbw"]How To Hang A Tree Stand on A Public Land Hunt - YouTube[/ame]

This looks interesting. Gonna have to try it.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll definitely give it a good look see

Comment

Nice videos as well. Great to see someone explaining their safety methods too. [emoji1360]

Skooter

Comment

Appreciate it. I've always been a bit obsessive about getting comfortable in the tree and I imagine folks spend too little time thinking about safely getting up an unfamiliar tree in the dark when hiking in to a drawn hunt, for instance.

Next to shooting my bow, I probably practice hanging different types of trees more than anything..not only to be quiet but to be safe.

The comment on the video on the lineman's belt being above the stand is probably the best thing I've learned to be aware of as the transition to the platform is probably the most dangerous part.

I'll also plug getting a Ropeman 1 for your lineman's belt...it is significantly easier than using a Prusik knot...especially if you add an aider into the equation as well.

Comment

About how many feet of Amsteel does it take for 4 steps? Where do you get yours at?

Thanks,
            Skooter

Comment

@scooter all the links to exactly what I use are here:https://www.reckonill.com/2021/08/13...s-for-amsteel/

Comment

Nice

Comment

Gonna definitely give this a try

Comment

Working...
                  X