Rockwall, Tejas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockwall, Tejas

Possibly relocating to Rockwall area. Couple questions... Towns surrounding I should avoid, and areas I should seek out. This will be an 8-10yr plan and then retire early. Not wanting to buy my forever home there, as I already have my retirement home location. So, affordable is what I am seeking. This move will likely happen in 8-10weeks. About a 97% chance this is happening.

Trying to secure housing in that amount of time seems to be the biggest hurdle. All suggestions are welcome.

Rockwall has grown like crazy and it pretty expensive. Rowlett is alittle cheaper. If you go further past Rockwall you get into forney/ Royce city/ fate is nice and going to be cheaper than Rockwall. All that area is relatively nice though. You should be able to find something in your budget.

Comment

Depending on how close you need to stay to Rockwall....you have several options. Some more details would help give you some more exact locations/areas to check.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandmother has a house in Heath for sale. Beautiful area but it has grown A LOT!!!!!

Comment

Need to be less than 30minutes. Or preferably less than 30min from rockwall.

Comment

Greenville
            Terrell

Looking for a house or apartment?

Comment

Josephine, Fate, Royse City, Lavon, Rowlett, Heath, Caddo Mills all of these areas surround Rockwall.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                Greenville
                Terrell

Looking for a house or apartment?
                House. I have a couple dogs. Will be purchasing something, likely after being there for a year or so. Purchasing in the next several weeks does not sound like fun. Lol

Comment

get ready to drop some coin.

forgive me if im incorrect, but if i remember correctly, Rockwall County is the "richest" county in Texas, along with being the smallest, geographically.

Fate, Heath, Forney are all nice. Not sure how set you are on location, but Wiley and surrounding area is nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Possibly relocating to Rockwall area. Couple questions... Towns surrounding I should avoid, and areas I should seek out.
                    Hahaha......I would avoid Rockwall. I hate that town. Poor design. Everything's on the highway and traffic is terrible. I live in Greenville and would rather drive a longer distance to McKinney than go to Rockwall if I need to go shopping or different restaurants. As others have mentioned, the surrounding towns are better for living IMO.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      get ready to drop some coin.

forgive me if im incorrect, but if i remember correctly, Rockwall County is the "richest" county in Texas, along with being the smallest, geographically.

Fate, Heath, Forney are all nice. Not sure how set you are on location, but Wiley and surrounding area is nice as well.

All the cities you listed are within Rockwall County. Forney is also in Kaufman county as well. Heath will be the most expensive by far, but with the market the way it is Fate, Forney and Royse City will be about the same. Rockwall has very little on the open market, rentals included.

Comment

I live in heath, neighbor of rockwall. Price point is the big difference. If you want an acre you will need to start in craddo mills maybe royse city

I would not leave heath. It’s a great community. The shores on the north side of rockwall is a great community as well.

Only a couple of neighborhoods that I would avoid.

Price point is the biggy on determining where to
                        Move to

Comment

We moved to Wylie a little over a year ago, and we love it here. The people have been good overall and the city keeps up with its endeavors. What has really impressed me with Wylie, is the recreation department. We moved from way South Louisiana and the rec dept was terrible. The ball fields were not kept up and the sports teams always had huge imbalances of talent. Honestly the only thing I miss from South La is the fishing.

Comment

I'm in Rowlett for 14 years now. Actually moving in a few weeks to a home on the lake and still Rowlett.

My house will for sale in a month or so. $400s for 2k feet with pool. Hit me up if interested.

Comment

Lived in Rockwall for a decade or so and got out in 2019.

I honestly couldn’t give you a single reason to move there. Of course it is not a “terrible” town crime rate wise or anything but it is just awful. Slam packed with very pretentious people. Traffic is terrible. Roads are terribly outdated. It is small yet they still try to have everything like a big city and it is all just cram packed in there.

I go back now and immediately think “how did I ever deal with this ****”. Can’t get gone from my visit fast enough.

I would look east to Royse City, NOT FATE, to find a little more room and relaxation.

Comment

Working...
                              X