Skid steer question : BOBCAT S160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid steer question : BOBCAT S160

Was using the BOBCAT to dig holes for a fence. Dug about 10nholes and on number 11, I noticed that it was leaking hydraulic fluid on left side when auger was in use. Checked the cylinder and it was good, but noticed fluid was coming from the female quick connect coupler. Any ideas as to what could have caused the leak? Any suggestions on a fix so I can dig the remaining 5 holes before having to return auger attachment?

I disconnected the hoses, cleaned them off, let the machine sit I in the shade for a while, and then tried again. Still leaked. Thanks for the help.

There is probably a specific worn part in the connection.I had the same problem so I replaced the male connection on my jackhammer and problem solved.

Comment

Probably an O ring inside the coupler. You can either replace that or the entire coupler. Or if it's not leaking to bad just keep adding hydraulic fluid to the machine until you finish.

Comment

It’s a rental? Put oil in it and dig your last 5 holes and return it. Let them fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Probably an O ring inside the coupler. You can either replace that or the entire coupler. Or if it's not leaking to bad just keep adding hydraulic fluid to the machine until you finish.
          This right here.

Comment

O ring. They go out all the time. Grime and gunk gets drug in there hooking up and in hooking. We used keep a tackle box full of them because of this. Leaks made me crazy so I was OCD about them.

Like mention above, if it’s rental keep digging and finish the project.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              It’s a rental? Put oil in it and dig your last 5 holes and return it. Let them fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It is my bobcat and a buddies auger attachment. Actually, it is my dad's bobcat do I need to get it fixed before I return to him.

Comment

I would.

Comment

O rings go bad if you don't believe me ask nasa.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                    It is my bobcat and a buddies auger attachment. Actually, it is my dad's bobcat do I need to get it fixed before I return to him.
                    do should say "so"

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
                    I would.
                    No way I am returning it to my dad with something wrong it. It will be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X