No announcement yet.

Steel Building Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 50 x 50 with a 25x50 carport all with 16 foot eaves. I went with Mueller, their customer service was good but the fabrication on the building was not impressive and I have since found out their doors are not the best. If I had to do over I would have went weld up on the structure itself. I would also directly hire a good overhead door company to purchase and install the doors. Doors will be your only issue and I want someone to call back when they mess up. Also I didn't do ridge vent and don't feel it's needed if you have doors on both ends.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
      With all due respect.
      I prefer, welded.................
      Me too Mines welded just saw those were mentioned

Comment

Steel Building Quote

New drawing

Update on my quotes - I had them add the 25' gable extension on the front. Also added insulation. I removed the wainscot and instead of continuous ridge vents I just went with one in each bay. I also removed the drop on the lean and instead it will just come straight off the eave.

One quote was $43k and the other was $55k. The $55k is with out roll up doors, just the openings.

Last edited by Neck; 05-28-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          I was just quoted a 35x50 with a 25 ft gable extension 44k
          Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
          I’m putting in a slab for my neighbor’s 40x60 with 14’ walls, three 12’ doors, and a 20x60 lean-to. He just paid $43k for the building 2 weeks ago, fabrication only. Mueller. His other quote was $50k for fab only.
          These 2 quotes line up with the quotes I am seeing.

Originally posted by Firefyter View Post
          I had a Mueller welded 60x40, 14ft sidewalls, with 2- 12 ft roll ups, 2 man doors, 3 windows, 15 ft overhang and 10 ft porch for 30k, bout 6 weeks ago. After concrete and erected, and gutters it was 87k.
          30k for that build was a good price considering what the quotes are running now just 6 weeks later.

Could you break down your dirt, concrete and erection costs?

Originally posted by jtempleton View Post
          I can work you up something tomorrow. I build them. However, metal prices are very fluid right now as I am sure you know. I’ve been guaranteeing quotes for only a 7 days max. When comparing quotes like has been said make sure you compare apples to apples. Some guys will cut corners.
          Yeah I realize now that the one quote that was a lot higher had a lot more steel in it. I don't know if that is because the steel is lesser strength or whatever compared to the other but the one quote had 2 bays, 25' each and the other had 16.8' bays and the end walls on one was 15' vs 9' - 12' - 9' on the other. A few more rafters too. Not sure why seems like overkill for what I need.

Originally posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
          We are sending a check today for a 30x50x12,2 10x12 rollup doors and 2 walk thru doors and 4 30x40 windows,we are paying 27,700. Last week the building was 24,500.
          Do you mind sharing who you went with?

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
          30x60x16 Kit with 200' of purlins and all the hardware, sheeting (26ga) and trim for $18,500. No doors included. Steel Surplus off 59 in Houston. Their customer service reviews are horrible though. I've never bought anything from these guys but I'm in the market for a very similar building myself.
          Thank you, I'll take a look at them.

Originally posted by Hogwild84 View Post
          Here is what I paid if it helps:
          30x45 w/ 14' walls
          2 10x12 doors in front 1 in rear and side walk through
          24' carport built off the front
          47k for shop and concrete - did my own electrical
          This is an engineered building built to windstorm spec
          47k for the building and the concrete? Sounds like you got a great deal. Could you share the details?

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
          I was quoted 67k for a 40x75 with 20 ft awnings on both sides, 4 roll up doors, 2 walk doors and 4 windows.
          As crazy high as that is it actually sound about right for today's prices and for what you are getting.

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          Unless I missed it Op what were the bids you received? Everyone else is sharing. I bought a 30x50x14 with 3 12x 12 rollup doors and one walk-in door 4 years ago and paid right at 16k from Center Steel Building Supply.
          Adding the quotes to the end of this post.

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
          I went with an eagle carport. Installed was 23k for a 30’x35’, 13’ side walls, two 12’x12’ roll up doors and one walkthrough. Was erected five weeks after ordering (last month). Everyone else I looked at was months out.
          Yeah speaking of lead times. It is easily 6 to 8 months if you order today. You can cut that down to about 4 months if you put an express order on it (according to the 2 quotes I got).

Originally posted by RWB View Post
          I have a 50 x 50 with a 25x50 carport all with 16 foot eaves. I went with Mueller, their customer service was good but the fabrication on the building was not impressive and I have since found out their doors are not the best. If I had to do over I would have went weld up on the structure itself. I would also directly hire a good overhead door company to purchase and install the doors. Doors will be your only issue and I want someone to call back when they mess up. Also I didn't do ridge vent and don't feel it's needed if you have doors on both ends.
          If you were to replace your Mueller roll up doors which doors would you replace them with?

Update on my quotes - I had them add the 25' gable extension on the front. Also added insulation. I removed the wainscot and instead of continuous ridge vents I just went with one in each bay. I also removed the drop on the lean and instead it will just come straight off the eave.

One quote was $43k and the other was $55k. The $55k is with out roll up doors, just the openings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
            Can you share the contact info. Im looking for the same size to be built in Pasadena.
            Pm sent

Comment

Don't forget to account for the slope of the concrete under the carports. I poured my concrete flat and it pools in front of my doors. One thing I would also consider doing different would be my threshold under my carport doors. I would do away with the recess for the doors and just have smooth concrete from carport to the shop.

Comment

I was recently quoted 55k for a 30'x40' with a 20' overhang for my 5th wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                  I was recently quoted 55k for a 30'x40' with a 20' overhang for my 5th wheel.
                  was that turn key with concrete?

Comment

So many variables to consider that it’s tough to ball park without exact plans. I would say $25-30 psf, depending on doors, windows, plumbing, and slab. When we built our’s the biggest cost difference in quotes was the type of slab they built on. We paid right at $25/26 psf for a 35x80 slab, 30x60x14 enclosed and insulated building (20’ overhang on front), with a $1100 plumbing allowance. 3000 psi concrete, 12x24” Beams, with 15-18”x8’ piers. This was in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      How much of that $57K was concrete?
                      Not sure. It was all in the bid. I paid the building separately. And the rest was dirt, forms,concrete,labor,gutters, clean up and they spread a couple of loads of crushed granite.

Comment

Pic
                        Attached Files

Comment

I know it is more costly but if I were to do it over again I would spray foam mine. I went with traditional metal building insulation. It is ok but I think the foam would have served me better long term.

Comment

Working...
                          X