Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your boss or company give Christmas bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yippie!!! Got a bonus.

Comment

We do all we can for our employees. They are tough to come by and impossible to operate without them. We pay them all we can and bonus when we can. Always at Christmas. They always appreciate it. We typically give them a half a steer as well and pay for everything turn key

Good employees are tough to come by in the farming industry. Someone looking for a hand out ain’t... and they don’t last long

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        No Xmas bonus. But, nice parties. Normally receive our yearly bonus around April. The last few have been around 10% of our gross income for the year.

Same here. Prizes at the party range from $50-500ish in value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw this last week on the news where a Maryland real estate company gave away $10 million in Christmas bonuses. It was right at $50,000 per employee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Never once in my life! Work for an ******* now. Maybe I will just won't show up a couple days and go fishing instead and call that my bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            We can't roll our sick time over and I didn't use any days this year. I'm thinking of calling in sick on Dec 30-31st and hunt those days.

My boss is good family friends with my lease manager. Didn't find that out until after I started working there. Will probably kill my biggest deer ever on one of those days.
            Last edited by BigL; 12-14-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I got a honey baked ham and grateful for that.

Comment

Yep. 15% bonus hit the account yesterday. 7% match and 15% profit share into the 401k. Job is boring as hell though. Data reporting/analytics isn’t especially fun.

Comment

We get choice of ham or turkey every Christmas. Have a Christmas party every other year. They give gifts to our kids and hand out raffle tickets to the employees for door prizes. Best raffle gift is usually a TV and worst is something like a calendar. Not always enough gifts for everyone, but they don't have to do what they do. Most people enjoy and appreciate it, but you always have a few...

Comment

I got them over my 23 years in corporate roles and have given them every year in our personal business. Both were always merit/performance based and not just a gimme one should come to expect because they are employed.

Comment

Last company gave bonuses when business was good - most years we got something. I always shook the owners hands and thanked them for sharing the profits with the employees. They appreciated the handshake and it was the one time of year you were guaranteed one of the two owners would smile/talk/laugh with you for a few minutes. He really enjoyed rewarding his employees as most everyone didn’t expect anything and we were sincerely grateful for the extra cash.

Comment

We got a $50 gift card from honey baked ham.

Company only made $426 million last quarter!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I just bought the 4 sergeants that work for me gift cards to Spec's Liquors.

And when I got assigned to this job I gave up my parking spot to the Homicide Unit employee of the month. Other than that... Government jobs suck for bonuses.

It would be funny if it read, "Homicidal"

Comment

15% annual bonus in September. In January they offet a holiday party in New Orleans for the weekend. Pay for flights for me and wife as well as rooms at JW Marriott and drinks out on the town. An all out blast!

Comment

One of the nursing homes that I'm contracted to do therapy at has 2 vending machines in the lobby. One has drinks. The other has candy bars and such. Throughout the year they empty the machines and at the end of the year, they divide up all the money and distribute it amongst all the employees of the nursing home. So they're getting their own money back, based on how much they spend. Better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                                15% annual bonus in September. In January they offet a holiday party in New Orleans for the weekend. Pay for flights for me and wife as well as rooms at JW Marriott and drinks out on the town. An all out blast!
                                That is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X