Laser for a bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser for a bow

Who has tried putting a laser on a bow. I have heard of people doing it to hunt hogs at night. Does it work well as a sight?

Crimson Trace made laser grips for bows. Tried one but it seemed to spook the hogs when it would hit them. Accuracy wise it was fine, but unlike a bow sight, you can only sight it in for one yardage so you have to hold over or under for targets at different ranges.

Comment

Do you have to be as carful with anchor points and things with the laser?

Comment

Tried is once & it was very cool - in the back yard.

The first deer I lined it up on saw the laser beam & took off like it was the scariest thing in the world.

I just had to shake my head and say 'oh yeah, I guess that Could happen!'. Never hunted with it again.

But yes, with a laser sight, you still have to do everything right to put the arrow where you want it to go.

Comment

Better off getting a sniper hog light for your bow

Comment

May be wrong, but don’t think you can use a laser for deer. Should be fine with hogs though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is unlawful to:
              knowingly discharge a firearm causing a projectile to cross a property line, unless the person owns both sides of the property line or has obtained written permission from the owner of any land crossed by the projectile.
              discharge a firearm on or across a public road or hunt from public roads.
              use a computer, or operate a facility that uses a computer, to assist in remote firearm or archery hunting, if the animal being hunted is located in Texas.
              hunt with the aid of artificial light of any form that casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates a game animal or bird; EXCEPTION: legally blind hunters, or hunters who have a documented permanent physical disability that prevents them from using traditional firearm sighting devices (Parks and Wildlife Code Sec. 62.0055- 62.0056) may use battery-powered scoping devices that project a light or dot only inside the scope, pin sight lights on archery equipment, or laser sighting devices.

Comment

Working...
              X