• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

145 +

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
        Low fence but I don't usually play the game of "kill him before someone else does". I leave that in Gods hands and so far, mostly that seems to work. The places that border me don't really hunt. There are a coupe of nearby hunters and if they get a crack at him then good for them. Deer will continue to populate and I have taken plenty of trophies so I am interested in letting them get as big as possible. I shot a buck once out of peer pressure "shoot him before a poacher does" and I regret it every time I look at him. He would have been an absolute stud had I let him walk. This buck looks mature to me the question is HOW mature?? I say 5 also so I suppose I will let him go another year.
        You might have misunderstood me. I'm the guy that lets them get old. By the way...that deer is old. If he was on my place he would be on the hit list.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          A deer can be his biggest at 4.5 or 9.5 that whole “going downhill” is generally a BS excuse for some people to pull the trigger. If you’re not worried it’s always nice to see what they can do
          100% spot on...

I think this buck is close to 150"+-

Comment

I guess I’ll have to decide when the rut slows down and if he sticks around, get a long look at him. I’ve only got one more buck tag on this ranch and I’m saving it for the biggest, most mature buck I can find. I won’t take him if he’s under 150” and not at his maximum maturity. If the general consensus is he won’t get bigger then I’ll fill my tag with him unless someone else catches my eye. I’ve got quite a few up and comers like this little guy so I’ll have a target rich environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He will be close to the 150 mark, but I don't think he quite makes it. I say 144

Comment

I'm thinking 5 and around 145, bigger than anything I have ever seen in person!

Comment

Working...
                X