Trail camera mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail camera mount

Saw this recently on the internet and figured I’d pass along and not sure if it’s been shared. Been having issues with my cameras getting knocked around and straps not keeping them in place.

This is a cheap alternative and works great. 1/4" self tapping eye bolt 1/4" eye bolt two 5/16 washers and a 5/16 bolt/nut/washer. Bolt the eye bolts together and position it where needed then tighten the nut on the two eye bolts. Point camera and tighten bottom nut to camera.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	25197680

Name:	IMG_6910.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	25197681

Name:	IMG_6911.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	25197682

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

simple, effective and cheap!
    definition of diy

Comment

That's how I run a few of mine. Drill a hole in t post and use both 1/4" eye bolts that way too

Comment

Awesome idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Works like a champ.....dont really cost that much either

Comment

Built 8 for $24, can’t beat that.

Comment

These are getting popular. I have made a couple myself based of DustyBritches' model. They work great.

Comment

I found that loc-nuts on the bolts holding the two eye bolts together works best. You tighten to the tension setting you like and then it never comes loose while adjusting the camera.

Comment

The problem for this and most other types is if they aren't inside a feed pen, the cattle keep knocking them around and when you get there to pull the card, you have a few pics, a pic or two of the cow, and then lots of pics of whatever.

But, it is a GREAT idea and I'm gonna make one (or two or three).

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    The problem for this and most other types is if they aren't inside a feed pen, the cattle keep knocking them around and when you get there to pull the card, you have a few pics, a pic or two of the cow, and then lots of pics of whatever.

But, it is a GREAT idea and I'm gonna make one (or two or three).

I was having that problem, but mounted camera high enough that the cows couldn’t get to them. Just adjust camera accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I had exact problem few days after setting these out, but did as steve243 said and mounted it higher.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Thanks for posting this!!
                          I'd been kicking around buying a couple, just hated to pay what the wanted for them. I made a 1/2 dozen of these a few days ago for almost the price one store bought one.

Comment

Tagged. Great idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X