No announcement yet.

needed... crappie recipe NOT FRIED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batter them like u goin to fry them spray them spray butter and put in oven on about 400 how we cook them when it just us and I can’t tell they not fried I think they taste bette

Comment

dip them in sarayo mayo, then in panko with some Parmesan cheese. bake at 400 for 20min....youre welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
        dip them in sarayo mayo, then in panko with some Parmesan cheese. bake at 400 for 20min....youre welcome.

Oh dang. I need to try this with some striper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I make civiche, or blacken them. I got tired of frying them.

Comment

This is probably my fav idea of all of them. "blackened crappie tacos with slaw and cilantro cream sauce ." via rebelbow
              Last edited by jpshowell; 02-03-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
                Grill em. Get the grill things at Academy. Spray grill things with pam. Sprinkle fillets with Ragin Blaze and Garlic powder, add lemon juice on top. Put on hot coals. takes only a few minutes on each side. We do this every other week in between frying. another great way. Take olive oil and add chopped green onions, chopped garlic, a little chopped bell pepper and sometime a little chopped cellery. Stir this around till clear and add a couple cans of Rotel maters. Slowly cook and add water when needed. Add some more ragin blaze. After about 45 minutes add whole fillets. gently mash fillets down into sause. 7 minutes at a simmer and there done. Serve over rice
                Wanted to fish for crappie with GR5 and talk cattle, but his maker called him home before that could happen. Gonna try your suggestions out.

Comment

I have grilled different types of fish with a recipe I got from a friend. I didn't try it for a long time as I thought they were crazy.......

Brush on Ranch dressing on one side grill till done. Some science happens and it taste great. The Ranch will form a crust almost. And you do not really get the ranch flavor. Before brushing on the Ranch I do add a little of whatever seasoning I feel like sprinkling on before hand.

Don't judge till you try it. Lol

Comment

Don't filet just gut-n-scale, brush all over with melted butter, tech of garlic salt /pepper/pinch of chopped onion and pat of butter inside. Use a taco holder or fashion one from foil, put crappie in holder belly up, grill until they begin to fall away from bone. Fine, fine table fare!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                      Don't filet just gut-n-scale, brush all over with melted butter, tech of garlic salt /pepper/pinch of chopped onion and pat of butter inside. Use a taco holder or fashion one from foil, put crappie in holder belly up, grill until they begin to fall away from bone. Fine, fine table fare!!!

Daggum son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Simple on the grill on foil is how I like them. I cannot find the recipe, but there's a few cilantro lime recipes I like a lot

Comment

I love mine blackened

Comment

Tagged

Comment

We love cooking our crappie with an Asian twist. Marinate the filets in roughly 4 parts soy sauce, 2 parts Asian sweet chili sauce and add chopped garlic and chopped cilantro. Marinate the fish about 20-30 minutes and cook in skillet with a little oil, serve with rice and whatever sides sound good. We had some a few weeks ago with mango coconut rice and a cucumber Serrano red onion salad.

Comment

If looking for healthy this is a good one, not super healthy but better than fried, and works well with any white flaky fish. I worked in kitchens at several hotels & a few catering companies many many moons ago & this was always a hit.

Fish En Papillote:

1/2 red onion, julienned
                                1 zucchini, julienned
                                1 large carrot, julienned
                                1 clove garlic, minced
                                1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
                                Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
                                4 (4-ounce) sole fillets, hake, flounder or other white fish
                                1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
                                8 sprigs fresh thyme
                                4 pats butter
                                1/4 cup white wine

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
                                In a bowl, mix together the onion, zucchini, carrot and garlic. Adds the oil, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Put each fish fillet in a large square of parchment paper and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the vegetables on top, dividing evenly. Top the vegetables with 2 lemon slices, 2 sprigs thyme, a pat of butter and 1 tablespoon white wine, layering in order. Fold the parchment paper around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape. Make sure you press as you crimp and fold to seal the packets well, otherwise the steam will escape. Arrange the packets on a baking sheet. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. To serve, cut open the packets and serve directly in the parchment on a plate or remove the fish to the plate using a spatula, being sure you don't leave the juices behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X