• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good

Comment

Following

Comment

Looks great we have a couple that were made from old plastic water tanks that need to be redone as the wooden stands are needing repairs. And we got another large tank that I will start on soon. We build them so we have something big enough to drag 2 or 3 kids into and be comfortable.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by AggieMark View Post
            I got one of the platform bases welded up this evening. I still need to add the leg sockets before I flip it over and screw down the plywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size/thickness angle iron did you use? Looking real good!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                What size/thickness angle iron did you use? Looking real good!

2x2x1/8”. The legs will be either 1.5” or 2” square tube

Comment

Looks good. Following

Comment

I got the first platform welded out and painted, but ran out of daylight before I could get the plywood screwed down. Hopefully I’ll be able to get the first blind sat on the platform this weekend.

Comment

Looks good so far, following...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                        Nice, here's some pics of a project a few years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        How long did it take to air out the carpet and glue smell? Looks awesome.

Comment

I got tank #1 flipped over on to the platform and secured down. It took a little time to get the tank pushed back to a perfectly round shape.

You can see how I secured it to the platform in the second picture. I didn’t make a perfect cut when I cut the tank in half, so I will have to run a caulk joint at the bottom, but that should help with critter proofing the blind. The next step will be to cut my door and figure out where to put my 3 windows.

I was originally planning on building both blinds at the same time, but I’ve decided to finish the first one before I start on the second. I’m sure I’ll figure out some things I should do differently for blind #2.

Another thing I haven’t quite figured out is how to seal up the top of this blind. There’s a manhole that is 24” diameter with a missing lid, as well as a 12x12” hole someone cut on the top. I was thinking of using fiberglass mat to seal these holes up. Will fiberglass even stick to poly? I’m open to ideas for this.

Comment

Originally posted by TannaciousZ View Post
                            How long did it take to air out the carpet and glue smell? Looks awesome.
                            Thanks, not long at all Spread it on with a carpet Trowel and it worked out great

Comment

For the hole on the top you could make a cap out of the bottom end of a 5 gal bucket and fasten it to the blind similarly as you fastened the blind to the platform. You could even use this to install some sort of fan or vent system before you put it on the blind.

Or just screw flashing down and glue/caulk the **** out of the seams

Comment

For the hole on the side you could use a sheet of plexi glass thats about twice the width of the hole (so it will form the same shape and fit flush with the curvature of the blind) and mount it using window screen track so you can pull the plexi glass down vertically. This way it will act as a vent system that you can open and close at will.

I'm going to add some rifle windows to my krivoman blinds just like I've described above. Haven't done it yet but intend to use one of the following options for the window track:

Shop Sequentia 1.42-in x 8-ft Finished Vinyl Wall Panel Moulding at Lowe's.com. Sequentia division bars feature patterned expansion control guides to assist with proper FRP installation.

Comment

Working...
                                X